BKXC (and Ibis) get and Ebike

placebo

Likes Dirt
No info on the suspension design though?
trnr_dhr_frame2.jpg

It's pretty similar to the old dw-link Turner DHR. I'd pull the spacers out of the shock to give 65mm stroke and 170mm travel, and run a Fox 40 at 180mm using the Mojo negative chamber trick and use the Ibis for self shuttle DH riding. The designer pointed out this as something they've done in testing are fine with people doing IRL.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
View attachment 393246

It's pretty similar to the old dw-link Turner DHR. I'd pull the spacers out of the shock to give 65mm stroke and 170mm travel, and run a Fox 40 at 180mm using the Mojo negative chamber trick and use the Ibis for self shuttle DH riding. The designer pointed out this as something they've done in testing are fine with people doing IRL.
I almost bought one of those and a Nismo GTR before COVID. I should have risked divorce and just done it. I'd be having champagne baths for the rest of my life.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I almost bought one of those and a Nismo GTR before COVID. I should have risked divorce and just done it. I'd be having champagne baths for the rest of my life.
Ahhhh... the things we could have done in 2020 if we had a crystal ball. Instant retirement !

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Well I suppose Ibis don't really have a track record for making a conventional bike. They are always a bit out there.
Marin and Polygon gave a similar design a few years ago and you can go way back to the Mountain Cycle San Andreas.
I don't mind the design too much but it's a bit porky.
how dare you compare this hideous creation the sleek and beautiful lines of a MC San An
They were cutting edge and also woeful at the same time.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I'm going to revise my initial comment.

Been watching a few vids about 2023 full-cream ebikes and the Oso is growing on me.
Seems to be a trend now in order to pack in suspension, bigger frame tubes for added reinforcement and eThings around the bottom bracket area. We end up with steeper down tubes and sharper turn towards the bottom bracket. It makes the bike look 'fat' and not 'phat' but 'fat' as in an extra slice of chocolate cake kind of 'fat' IMHO.

I guess you can get used to it even if it not good looking but hopefully rides well. Modern bikes generally look very similar to me overall.
It is pity but I suppose we have reached the point of few designs that work quite well and all are riding on on the same bandwagon with smaller 'unique' tweaks in order to give marketing something to bang the drum about.

ozzybmx

Might be looking at something else... believe it or not, I know 2 people who have ordered this bike, not sure if they have them yet. Apparently not a lot of stock.
FWIW the Marin Alpine Trail is under half the price of this bike and better specced.

Spech Levo is on every ebike reviewers top 3. Winning most.
I'll get a test ride soon.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Might be looking at something else... believe it or not, I know 2 people who have ordered this bike, not sure if they have them yet. Apparently not a lot of stock.
FWIW the Marin Alpine Trail is under half the price of this bike and better specced.

I'm not sure if Specialized have got their motor isssues with the Brose motor sorted yet.
Seems to still be a common thing to have gone through a few motors within a year's ownership. They are pretty much the best full powered bike out there but just are not always speced all that well for the price and have constant issue with that motor. They seem to be good to deal with when it comes to replacing motors, but it's got to be in the back of your mind "is this motor going to die today" when out riding.
2019 to 2021 Turbo Levo - Are Brose & Specialized Fixing Their Motor Problem ? | Page 4 | EMTB Forums
Just something to be mindful of.

My Levo SL has 2930km on it now and it's going great guns but I know you are after a full powered bike.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy

Brother had a Levo - loved it but sold to help pay for his dentist bike. Had a motor die but bike shop collected bike from his house and replaced same day.

ozzybmx

I'm not sure if Specialized have got their motor isssues with the Brose motor sorted yet.
Seems to still be a common thing to have gone through a few motors within a year's ownership. They are pretty much the best full powered bike out there but just are not always speced all that well for the price and have constant issue with that motor. They seem to be good to deal with when it comes to replacing motors, but it's got to be in the back of your mind "is this motor going to die today" when out riding.
2019 to 2021 Turbo Levo - Are Brose & Specialized Fixing Their Motor Problem ? | Page 4 | EMTB Forums
Just something to be mindful of.

My Levo SL has 2930km on it now and it's going great guns but I know you are after a full powered bike.
Not sure as I haven't looked fully into it yet.

Was speaking with a someone who works at Spech and he said they have a few hundred motors in the main (Aus) store and just replace the whole motor when anything is reported.
2yr warranty on the motor, he said he would be back at 1y 11m with a intermittent crunch for a fresh to kick off year 3 ;)

There's not to many bikes I've owned for 3 yrs.

ozzybmx

Brother had a Levo - loved it but sold to help pay for his dentist bike. Had a motor die but bike shop collected bike from his house and replaced same day.
That's good, they apparently just swap the motor without trying to fix it, no JRA questions asked.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Not sure as I haven't looked fully into it yet.

Was speaking with a someone who works at Spech and he said they have a few hundred motors in the main (Aus) store and just replace the whole motor when anything is reported.
2yr warranty on the motor, he said he would be back at 1y 11m with a intermittent crunch for a fresh to kick off year 3 ;)

There's not to many bikes I've owned for 3 yrs.
Yes, I have heard the service is at least, is very good and it's a no questions asked motor swap. I have two mates that have full powered Levos and both have had at least a couple of motor failures each but have stuck with Specialized when upgrading so that must say something I suppose.

ozzybmx

Oooohhh... one in stock, in my numbers and colour too o_O

ozzybmx

Mm it’s an ugly duckling
Keep looking or watching, I was initially saying the same, then I watched a few videos and reviews and it grew on me... to the extent that I think its one of the best looking ebikes out there now. Yeah different but futuristically different with a bit of San Andreas Mountain Cycle retro thrown in.

What an ugly bike :oops:
Hey, don't hold back. Tell us what you really think! :)
I'm going to revise my initial comment.

Been watching a few vids about 2023 full-cream ebikes and the Oso is growing on me.