Black Dogs and mental shit in general

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
A long time ago one of my mates quit a luxurious public service job and went to Bunnings as floor staff. He loved it.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
I couldn't sit down and argue you are,
but I've been in worse situations.
From the outside, it looks like one of the most political workplaces in existence. Anecdotes from a mate who works at Bunnings haven't altered my perception.

Sent from my SM-G960N using Tapatalk

creaky

XMAS Plumper
A long time ago one of my mates quit a luxurious public service job and went to Bunnings as floor staff. He loved it.
My wife's an architect but for the last few years has claimed her dream job to be on the floor at Bunnings. There's something appealing about it.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
My wife's an architect but for the last few years has claimed her dream job to be on the floor at Bunnings. There's something appealing about it.
Is it the way the staff there seem to give zero fucks for customers and aren't coerced to by management? Or perhaps the way old people like to bail staff up with seemingly endless inane noise making?

indica

Serial flasher
I'll chime in.
Some of you know where I work, some may have guessed it, some may not give a fuck.
I have 5 mates on workcover at the moment for mental health stuff. I teetered last year.
I know of another few who are wavering.

We're lucky I suppose. Have jobs, all the work we want and more. No support though.
Massive overexposure to violence and aggression and abuse.
Even the hardest cunts I know cannot continue to endure.

I suppose on the positive side I have strong jaw muscles from all the sleeping teeth grinding.

tobbogonist

a registered member
Honest answer regarding working at Bunnings. Its fine. Im supposed to be building a tiny house at the moment (covid put it on hold) so I figured job at hardware store.. cant lose. The store i work in is tiny, I am one of the few able bodied (not under 60) employees so i am tasked with lifting everything.
Aside from that it is a hundred times better gor my mental health then traveling and gigging, trying to be a comedian. I dont drink every night to get to sleep so there is that.
Hardest part about moving forward is breaking the routine built up around being depressed.
Quitting smoking was one of the harder parts.
Mates -'That shit will kill you bro!'
Me - Quietly lights another and crosses my fingers.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Is it the way the staff there seem to give zero fucks for customers and aren't coerced to by management? Or perhaps the way old people like to bail staff up with seemingly endless inane noise making?
Perceived less pressure I think. Paint mixing desk would be sweet.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
I'd still be smoking if I didn't find vaping. Now the health Munster (C)Hunt, has squashed that avenue for anybody.

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk