Black Ops 2

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
What made it a mess for you Futile? I'm interested to know. I don't plan on buying it as I had gotten sick of COD after MW2 but I would like to know why is felt lame to you. Is it because it is similar to the rest? Is it because they've tried a semi futuristic thing? Are there any changes to the style of the game?

downhillar

Likes Dirt
...then you can go fuck yourself you boring mutant.
What's boring about going outside and not being in front of a computer??

Anyway, did anyone play COD2? The original WW2 version? When I was younger I was obsessed with that game!

Xavo.au

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah COD2 and COD4 are the only two that I've ever played. Both pretty good games, but the rest just seem too similar to me.

I'm still rocking BF2, well at least a mod for that which makes it look better and play a bit more realistically.
I like aircraft sims and combat sims the best.

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just got it then. waiting for the brother to get off so i can have a shot.
what do people think so far?

mason33

Likes Dirt
It's been brilliant so far I haven't come across any maps that I've instantly hated unlike mw3 (downturn, outpost). Like blackops1 any less than a four bar connection you're going to be dead before you know it, infinity ward have been more forgiving with poor connections. No death streaks thank f*#k or last stand BS, big step in the right direction not rewarding people who suck.

Perks unlocked by level is a bit annoying especially given Ghost is only unlocked at level 55, which means there are a heap of people sprinting around with smg's/shotguns/knifing following the UAV, this makes it hard to snipe. The game seems to be well balanced, I haven't noticed any go to guns yet, some of the maps are a little cramped and convoluted or maybe that's just me not use them yet.

Last edited:

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
BF series FTW, COD is balls, always has been always will, never EVER have i had lag issues on EA's servers for BF (XBOXLIVE)

BF3 is my fave atm but i just got Halo 4 and it's fun to play halo again! although i did have some lag on co-op spartan ops.

TheBug

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What's boring about going outside and not being in front of a computer??

Anyway, did anyone play COD2? The original WW2 version? When I was younger I was obsessed with that game!
COD1 (or Vanilla as it was known) OG here.
The original was WWII as well. Put a rediculous amount of time into that game but loved it. Bought COD2, played it for 2 days then it went in the bin. Last MP game I bought too.
Something about sequels (and then consecutive games) that can never top what the original dished out.
Always wondered if there were any original COD players floating around here on RB. Anyone?

reppin'

Likes Dirt
Got the game today, played probably an hour and have enjoyed it, would say the game is worth the money in my opinion, really excited on this game as i love the black ops series whilst i hate the modern warfares.

Hew

Likes Dirt
I have put in 115 hours into BF3 and 400 hours into BFBC2.

Do I win?
I've logged about 800 hours into COD4, over multiple accounts and computers.

Always wondered if there were any original COD players floating around here on RB. Anyone?
Yup. Some great memories with that game, again, many hours poured into it.

ben_rides_a_bike

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What made it a mess for you Futile? I'm interested to know. I don't plan on buying it as I had gotten sick of COD after MW2 but I would like to know why is felt lame to you. Is it because it is similar to the rest? Is it because they've tried a semi futuristic thing? Are there any changes to the style of the game?
Dozer, dont deny you loved the old Rotorburn MW2 games back in the day ;)

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Ben, those matches were so funny. If only we could have kept it going. I just got sick of playing on the small maps and after spending time on Battlefield I could never see that I'd enjoy COD again. I put some time into Black Ops but got to the point where I actually hated it. Still, if I knew a Rotorburn clan was forming again just to play private matches I'd probably jump at it, damn we did some funny shit. ;)

MtbDjRidaSachaz66

Likes Dirt
Got the game today, played probably an hour and have enjoyed it, would say the game is worth the money in my opinion, really excited on this game as i love the black ops series whilst i hate the modern warfares.
I thought I was alone! However I am getting this really weird lag or whatever you call it - every 4 seconds or so I get moved back or to the side by 1 metre depending on which direction in which I am going (on Multiplayer matches)... I have always had full green bars. Am I the only one suffering from this and is it just MY PS3? Is there any way to fix this?

Can't bear it for much longer :(

HALP ME

Last edited:

NH_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Very first CoD was the one and only worth any money, played 2 because i was a naughty pirate but wasnt worth the cash. Although if i base what games are worth it these days you get maybe 1 a year, compared to back in the day most games were worth it.

reppin'

Likes Dirt
I thought I was alone! However I am getting this really weird lag or whatever you call it - every 4 seconds or so I get moved back or to the side by 1 metre depending on which direction in which I am going (on Multiplayer matches)... I have always had full green bars. Am I the only one suffering from this and is it just MY PS3? Is there any way to fix this?

HALP ME
Mine is fine, must be something to do with PS3?

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt

HALP ME
Change it to local matches only.
your probably playing matches with Americans and your internet cant get you full bar connection

MtbDjRidaSachaz66

Likes Dirt
Mine is fine, must be something to do with PS3?
Probably is since it seems no one else is getting this.

Change it to local matches only.
your probably playing matches with Americans and your internet cant get you full bar connection

Nope, already changed it to local right from the start when I played it.

Well it seems my Ps3 may very well be playing up after endless hours of gameplay on it...

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
Zombies?

It's the only reason why I'd be buying it - any got an opinion if the zombie mode is worth $98 over already owning blops zombies.

MtbDjRidaSachaz66

Likes Dirt
Are the air vents clogged up with dust or is the harddrive getting full?
The air vents are fine, but I'll check that more thoroughly later on. At the moment I'm on 123 GB out of 149 GB of memory, so it's not full but would that affect it's performance much anyways? I'm a noob when it comes to these things...