Blatant profiteering in trading section

Status
Not open for further replies.

swmtbr

Likes Dirt
Chops may or may not be a fuckwit, I don't know. But I did by an item from him recently. The item was exactly as described and was in near new condition. The price was about 1/4 of retail. I was happy with my dealings with him.

moorey

call me Mia
Chops may or may not be a fuckwit, I don't know. But I did by an item from him recently. The item was exactly as described and was in near new condition. The price was about 1/4 of retail. I was happy with my dealings with him.
Then it was either given to him or he just paid 1/10 of retail.... :noidea:

stirk

Burner
Hi is a moneywit.

1/4 retail? His mate must have been in a generous mood!

Normanle his pricing is 1 1/4 online retail to start and then price reductions begin after being called on high pricing.

That's only one of the reasons for this built up backlash.

moorey

call me Mia
Hi is a moneywit.

1/4 retail? His mate must have been in a generous mood!

Normanle his pricing is 1 1/4 online retail to start and then price reductions begin after being called on high pricing.

That's only one of the reasons for this built up backlash.
Oh, come on. Anyone could have priced that s/h ck headset for $20 more than wiggle sell them for. It's not like he keeps a close eye on the online sites!

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
There is nothing wrong with asking a high price for anything on this website as long as it wasn't bought from this website with the goal of flipping for profit.

We are not interested in regulating what people can ask for, the market can regulate itself in that respect and given what is written above, that's what seems to be occurring.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
A hit? It is the run a way sensation that nobody saw coming. Definitely Oscar material.

But I'd still like one where Hitler wants to buy that slx crank.
All you need is a YouTube account and a twisted mind and this site http://downfall.jfedor.org/create/

Thanks for the kind words. I've been greatly influenced by the libertarian and incredibly cynical, pre September 11, Denis Miller, before he turned into a right wing nut job.

I found it best to watch another parody clip in another tab of my browser to judge the scene and get my text length kinda ok. I did rush mine while cooking dinner.

binner

Hath shat hymself
Hunt the guy down ....

Ohhh FFS , you guys just don't let up.....

Take a step back.

It's unbelievable that grown ups act like this, a life maybe? Or even ride a bike now and then, let out your frustrations riding

:crazy:

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Foxpuppet, are you aware that Chops bought them for thirty and then PMd the other interested party offering them for more than $50 and then when didn't get that is selling them for $68 (starting price, mind you) and then has offered contradicting reasons as to how and why it occurred? Also, are you aware that Chops clearly and openly admits to working hard to get the sale regardless of who has claimed interest in buying the item before him? Are you aware that he openly admits to flipping items on RB for profit?

Are you aware that the issue with the cranks is only part of the reason we decided to act? Are you aware that the mods act on our own initiative regardless of what any 'mob' may do? Are you aware that we had been discussing this issue since approx two months back? If you are not aware of these things I'd suggest you are forming your opinion based on a lack of information. I'm glad that you're involving yourself in this discussion and taking a contrary view, I encourage civil discussion on this matter as it increases awareness on important matters.

I also want to point out that many people have cited that Chops is not a bad person but only has some issues he needs to consider regarding some of his online activities - and also note that Chops has not been banned. With that in mind I would strongly advise that whilst there are some people who are not Chops' fans this action has not been taken due to any personal issues with Chops and thus any "lynch mob' are a redundant element to this matter.
Fair enough Johnny, I was not aware of the immediate offers to others here for more than he paid. May have been lost in all the dribble that's been deleted through this thread.

From NUTTRs own posts in this thread - I was aware of the fact that he was next inline behind cam who passed on them (I didn't know why he passed just that he did)

I was also aware he paid what NUTTR was asking & that he picked them up when organized.

I was not aware of the other things going on for the past few months, Chops prices have always been .... Chops prices.

I understand he has not been banned so maybe he will eventually come to see why people feel so strongly. His own responses to this thread show he at least knows what he did was not up to the community standards and he has accepted the revoking of his trading access.

stinky1138

Likes Dirt
I'll give away my crankset to even the balance then. Who even wants triple sets these days anyway?

That way all these needy folks who missed out on $30 set will be able to get back on the trail. Would hate to see someone with less than 3 running bikes miss out on ride time due to not having cranks.
This just comes across as incredibly douchey, condisending, and douchey.
I have a mate who bought a bike that was way over priced and now everything on it is breaking or totally fucked--including his crankset. We've been trying to help him by replacing parts for him out of our own pockets, he could've really used a $30 crankset... He bought the bike six months ago or so and still hasn't ridden the damn thing. So just step off, there are people out there with less than 3 bikes who could use a leg up. damn.

moorey

call me Mia
I understand he has not been banned so maybe he will eventually come to see why people feel so strongly. His own responses to this thread show he at least knows what he did was not up to the community standards and he has accepted the revoking of his trading access.
Have you read his bullshit explanations? If you believe them, any of them, I'm wasting my time debating this issue with you.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I have a mate who bought a bike that was way over priced and now everything on it is breaking or totally fucked--including his crankset. We've been trying to help him by replacing parts for him out of our own pockets, he could've really used a $30 crankset... He bought the bike six months ago or so and still hasn't ridden the damn thing. So just step off, there are people out there with less than 3 bikes who could use a leg up. damn.
Ummm...sucks for your friend. Sucks lots when you have a buddy that can't join rides cause his bike is fucked and repairs aren't easily sorted. I had a mate years back that happened to. He was unemployed and suffering some pretty epic mental health issues. I figured a bit of riding would help out (he had raced to great success as a teen). Except every time we dragged his rusty piece of shit out something else broke. Which just meant riding went on the list of shit that was depressing.

If its new there is this thing called warranty.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
sorry wasn't meant to be. it's a genuine offer. whoever NEEDS a set of cranks to get you rolling I've got a set you can have as these are surplus to my needs.

T.3

Likes Dirt
Ohhh FFS , you guys just don't let up.....

Take a step back.

It's unbelievable that grown ups act like this, a life maybe? Or even ride a bike now and then, let out your frustrations riding

:crazy:
Well said. Regardless of who is at fault or what has or hasn't been done some people in this thread are conducting themselves like pre teen children.

takai

Eats Squid
Well said. Regardless of who is at fault or what has or hasn't been done some people in this thread are conducting themselves like pre teen children.
Careful, Knuckles will get annoyed at you over-estimating his age.

Status
Not open for further replies.