Blatant profiteering in trading section

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Not a nuttr bargain, not a chops raping. Enjoy.
Don't be so humble moorey. I know how incensed you were over the whole crankgate affair.

When Takai offered to pay, I told him they were a gift from you.

You're welcome.

marc.r

Likes Dirt
sorry guys. I just sniped in and took those cranks. try finding another set. I hear another identical set are on ebay. PM me and I'll send you the link!

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Low ballers angry at other low ballers for stealing their catch of the day ... im not sure thats the vibe of the community we want either.

Thanks Link for making at least something worth looking at in the past 23 pages

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Low ballers angry at other low ballers for stealing their catch of the day ... im not sure thats the vibe of the community we want either.
The trading system is built on honesty and trust. We want to continue to keep members coming to the site so that means keeping the trading area as honest as we can from our side. Some of the recent updates we've made to the trading area are reducing the potential risks to our members, we're doing it because we're listening to what people want to keep them trading on the site.

It's also fair to say that we aren't keen on having members sell stuff for other people who claim to be too busy to do so, if you know what I mean.

WarbyD

Likes Dirt
It's also fair to say that we aren't keen on having members sell stuff for other people who claim to be too busy to do so, if you know what I mean.
You know... I never really did understand this one - What is the issue with selling on behalf of someone else?

takai

Eats Squid
You know... I never really did understand this one - What is the issue with selling on behalf of someone else?
I have been burnt by this before on another site. Bought an item, and received something that was clearly broken. The seller just spouted 'it was a mates, how could i know.'

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
The trading system is built on honesty and trust. We want to continue to keep members coming to the site so that means keeping the trading area as honest as we can from our side. Some of the recent updates we've made to the trading area are reducing the potential risks to our members, we're doing it because we're listening to what people want to keep them trading on the site.

completely agree with what the mods are doing ... Also agree to what Johnny has said in other threads, I don't quite get the need to announce the 'selling / buying or whatever for a friend' thing other then trying to palm off responsibility ... which is not what we need or want.

However, seems like this thread is about personalities clashing, disguised as a community service announcement ... particularly since the majority of the bargain hunters in this thread will post in chops sale threads anyway and warn off would be buyers ... which is also outside of the trading rules even if it is also disguised as community service.

Anyway, not my intention to question the running of day to day by Mods, but I dislike the vindictiveness that is creeping into many threads of late and how the volume of buying and selling threads seems to now outstrip interesting topics in Off Topics and other general info sharing and good nature'd shit talk. Fuck ... Trail advocacy has pretty much disappeared off here now days, which I reckon is bloody sad as there is still a shit tonne of trail I want built.

Anywho enough procrastination ... Ive got shizzle to sell ... :drum:

takai

Eats Squid
completely agree with what the mods are doing ... Also agree to what Johnny has said in other threads, I don't quite get the need to announce the 'selling / buying or whatever for a friend' thing other then trying to palm off responsibility ... which is not what we need or want.

However, seems like this thread is about personalities clashing, disguised as a community service announcement ... particularly since the majority of the bargain hunters in this thread will post in chops sale threads anyway and warn off would be buyers ... which is also outside of the trading rules even if it is also disguised as community service.

Anyway, not my intention to question the running of day to day by Mods, but I dislike the vindictiveness that is creeping into many threads of late and how the volume of buying and selling threads seems to now outstrip interesting topics in Off Topics and other general info sharing and good nature'd shit talk. Fuck ... Trail advocacy has pretty much disappeared off here now days, which I reckon is bloody sad as there is still a shit tonne of trail I want built.

I dunno, down here its always been pretty good, and when i was in Adelaide the scene there was quite helpful too. Lots of the advocacy stuff is being moved off onto club forums though, so that it can be discussed with the relevant authorities before being made public. Nevertheless the Yarra Trails thread on here is still active with advocacy.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid

Nerf, I agree with everything you have said in your last 2 posts, sums up my feelings on this whole debacle. I'm off to do some trail maintenance

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I agree with what Mr N. Herder has said about vindictive posting in for sale threads and I have warned people enough about that kind of behaviour.

I'm going to start removing trading access for people who continue to do this as I agree that the vindictiveness of in this place needs to simmer down a bit, things have become too toxic and it's time we all took a few lines chill powder.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

This shizzle you speak of...does buying by the ounce offer a significant discount over buying by the gram?

I dunno, down here its always been pretty good, and when i was in Adelaide the scene there was quite helpful too. Lots of the advocacy stuff is being moved off onto club forums though, so that it can be discussed with the relevant authorities before being made public. Nevertheless the Yarra Trails thread on here is still active with advocacy.
NSW is a shit hole. local and state gov't and private land owners tend to not like trails. access is hard to come by.

Status
Not open for further replies.