Blatant profiteering in trading section

Status
Not open for further replies.

T.3

Likes Dirt
I agree with what Mr N. Herder has said about vindictive posting in for sale threads and I have warned people enough about that kind of behaviour.

I'm going to start removing trading access for people who continue to do this as I agree that the vindictiveness of in this place needs to simmer down a bit, things have become too toxic and it's time we all took a few lines chill powder.
Agree 100% with this and what Nerf said.

ChopSticks

Banned
Haven’t logged on a few days and finally caught up and skimmed through this thread.

There was mentioning/questioning of my ‘2hr’ drive…?
For those who have been anal enough to question my travel time… please go back and Google the distance/drive time from Bankstown up to Asquith via West Pennant Hills and back down to Bankstown via W.P.H. on a Saturday morning……

Would also like to Tell Nuttr personally that I did have every intention of using the cranks for my mate (actually fitted them with a 1x and he pedalled up/down the driveway), but better cranks popped up which he bought, so yours did indeed become excess.

If I did have every intention of flipping it… why didn’t I just post it up online immediately that day?…. Most guys will know I give zero fucks anyway as to what you guys think of my trading activities to care...

It’s up to everyone how and who they sell to. Don’t like how he operates, don’t buy/sell with him (which is now harder obviously). While I agree that turning them around on ebay is pretty poor form, in his own words if you don’t like it, don’t deal with him.

Instead of doing a Kevin Bartlett and calling for rules changes whenever there's an issue or grey area, how about the old adage of buyer (& giver-away'er) beware be applied as it has been, with any dodgyness dealt with by mods as it has been. Regardless if you are new to the site or been around for farkin ages, do some research before doing a trade. If this were the case I wouldn't see any issue with restoring his trading access, as I've never seen that he's failed to pay, failed to deliver, failed to communicate or failed to update for sale posts like others.
+1 eastie….. I don’t know of a SINGLE person I’ve traded with that’s been upset with the items I’ve sold. Anyone that’s traded with me knows, how it works. You pay, it clears and I send (same day 90% of the time)… once posted I sms confirmation along with tracking no, and ask for a reply once it arrives.
Never had a single problem/unhappy buyer. I honestly don’t understand the fuss all these people are kicking up (still don’t). I’ve sold an item (as described) for a price…. If you think its too much then move on……. (ohhh wait I was selling on ebay)

I’d also like to hear anyone that was/is unhappy with an item I sold to them
I’m certain there’s plenty of genuinely dodgy traders out there that’s causing more ‘harm’ than me.

Did the original set NUTTR sold come with the extra 2x rings and 1x setup?

Maybe one of the complainers should do the right thing, buy them off ebay and relist them on here for the price chops paid like you appear to be saying you would do.

Within his circle of riding buddies, chops goes above a beyond to get people rolling with repairs and parts, servicing bits etc so his heart is obviously in the right place. If this massive $38 profit goes into some more tools or something to help someone out what's the problem? He didn't list them on here did he.... No ebay. If they don't sell on there then what profit has he actually made?

It's a storm in a teacup IMHO I'm off to the garage to find some items I got cheap so I can buy that super yacht I've been dreaming of.....

Plenty of actual bad things happen in the trading section - this is not one of them.
Cheers Foxpuppet, and apologies all the chopstick bashers/haters who have jumped onto you for speaking your mind/opinion.

As you pointed out… I’ll bend over backwards to those I know and consider mates and help them anyway I can with parts, tools, advice, repairs etc.
Different story with those who I don’t know… and the question is why should I? I don’t know who you are, you’re just a username with X posts……I don’t know your name, I don’t know what you look like…nor do I know what YOU’VE done for this so called ‘community’. Why pass on my mates rate to someone I essentially DON’T KNOW?

If you’re genuinely interested, PM me an offer…. Most people that have traded with me will also know I usually take their lower offers anyway. (Latest trade is with Boom King this week…. He offer $25 Posted for a lightly used SLX Cassette… I accepted, he paid. It cleared and I posted. If he turns around and flips it for $39… I don’t care. I sold it for a price I wanted. And don’t see how it affects ANYONE else? If I sold him a broken cassette then that’s a different story altogether!

Low ballers angry at other low ballers for stealing their catch of the day ... im not sure thats the vibe of the community we want either.
HAHAHAHAHA
this sounds like the guy who bought a DVD from JB hifi.. and is now angry at all those who have just jumped online and downloaded it for free..... which I'm sure no one in this tight community would do such a thing....

Some of the recent updates we've made to the trading area are reducing the potential risks to our members, we're doing it because we're listening to what people want to keep them trading on the site.
'recent' indeed.. that was before or after your mate's bike was sold?

However, seems like this thread is about personalities clashing, disguised as a community service announcement ... particularly since the majority of the bargain hunters in this thread will post in chops sale threads anyway and warn off would be buyers ... which is also outside of the trading rules even if it is also disguised as community service.

Anyway, not my intention to question the running of day to day by Mods, but I dislike the vindictiveness that is creeping into many threads of late...
I agree with what Mr N. Herder has said about vindictive posting in for sale threads and I have warned people enough about that kind of behaviour.

I'm going to start removing trading access for people who continue to do this as I agree that the vindictiveness of in this place needs to simmer down a bit, things have become too toxic...
that’s okay Nerf Herder… apparently mod’s are onto this long standing issue and have been clamping down heavily on those who have been intruding on peoples sale threads with just ‘warnings’.

So sum it up… I still don’t get the fuss…
I bought a set of cranks I had every intention of using (and did) and for the price Nuttr set.
But ended up selling it as it was no longer required.
I bought it for $30… sold it for $68.. minus 10%~ ebay fees. + 2 chain rings + 2hrs drive/petrol…… I don’t see how I’ve committed a gross crime?

Someone, somewhere in this thread also brought up an interesting point... how many members on here have bought a bike cheap (new or used), stripped it to sell and kept the parts you wanted.
Did you pass those bargains onto this 'community'? (*not aimed at you... but a glory from from a regular member springs to mind*)

also if Takai can confirm… the “$50” was an offer YOU MADE ! I DID NOT ask you for $50?!?!?!
Also….did your offer include the 2 chain rings?... NO that didn’t!
… so consider the $68 asking price, minus ebay fees and the cost of the 2x extra rings and my travel time

Have you told the full story and have I really ripped you off as you have made it out to be……?

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I liked you better when you said nothing.

If I were you, I'd leave that as your last post in this thread.

Minlak

custom titis

It's interesting that NSA johnny as I like to think of him. The man that gets to read everyone's PM's suggests that Chopsticks may be slightly skewing some of the facts? After everything that everyone has said or insinuated this is the man I trust.

Said it before and still stick by it Chops loves the notority and is too busy winning to actually care.
Even good men do unacceptable things sometimes.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse

It is a thread about him, I think he's entitled to a voice, no matter what your opinion of the saga.

Last edited:

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
It's interesting that NSA johnny as I like to think of him. The man that gets to read everyone's PM's suggests that Chopsticks may be slightly skewing some of the facts? After everything that everyone has said or insinuated this is the man I trust.

Said it before and still stick by it Chops loves the notority and is too busy winning to actually care.
Even good men do unacceptable things sometimes.
If Johnny is reading any PM's other than those forwarded to him for grievance, that is a much bigger issue.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
I know Chops is just defending his actions. However, while I don't agree with his actions, the trail of vigilantes that follow his every post aren't doing much better.. Chops last post, however, comes off as quite passive aggressive, using phrases like "so-called community," etc.
This is a community and largely a pleasant one. If he fails to see that he might need to tone down the ego a bit.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
We don't read people's PMs, they are sent to us by others who are aggrieved by their contents. Sure, Chops does have the right to say things however he did not do himself any favours with what he chose to say. In the PM conversations that we'd been having, that were very civil and seeking compromise from both sides he was calm and accepting of the situation. Publicly he is not and he even took to attacking the way the place is managed. For some one who is on the shit list, this is not a good strategy and I was seriously considering full ban. I figured it better to discourage him from posting so he didn't dig his hole any deeper.

With that I agree with Elbo here, most people in this whole picture are not starring at all. So I figure the best thing to do is just close the thread and give the wound a chance to heal.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
If Johnny is reading any PM's other than those forwarded to him for grievance, that is a much bigger issue.
Not even Scott has that power. The only people who are reading your PMs are those working in the shadier corners of our political system like...

oh yeah. :tape2:

Nothing to see here.

Status
Not open for further replies.