Bleeding elixir CR brakes

DjMikey

Likes Bikes
Hello all, I went to bleed the boys brakes today (as we aren’t allowed to do much else) and had no dramas with his rear elixir R, but he has elixir CR on the front, and I couldn’t get the fluid from Caliper to lever as per several instructional videos. Yes I made sure the reach and pad contact were in the specified locations before starting.

so having time on my hand I pulled apart the Caliper and found fluid would pass through it, pulled the hose off the lever and found I could get fluid through it which left the hose. Sure enough it was blocked.
I managed to get some compressed air through it and decided to connect back to the Caliper. I then attached The bleed kit to the Caliper and hey presto fluid came out of the Caliper end of the hose.

reattached the Caliper and the whole system could be blead as per normal. I am however tempted to get a rebuild kit for the Caliper just in case it’s something inside that’s perishing and blocking the hose. I’d also like to get some coloured hoses if anyone has any recommendations for hoses.

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I had the same issue with some elixir 9s. My method was to leave the bike out in the hot sun and then I was able to move fluid through the system.
The brakes are still going strong now.

I recommend any other non avid brake.
Where is the challenge it that?