Bling my spring.

Jpez

Down on the left!
I’m looking to upgrade my coil shock spring to Ti. No real reason really. Just because.
So I went searching for places to buy and the main one that comes up for a reasonable price is Ti springs .com. But looking through their reviews they don’t inspire confidence.
Checked NSD and they are Megabucks.
So has anyone have any recommendations on where to buy?

Jpez

Down on the left!
Including shipping at ti springs.com the price came to $191 -I think the shipping component was only $13 but could be wrong- To NSD’s $350 for a Kronos spring
Plus with the possible Gst sting which I’d overlooked it’s starting to look a bit over the top. Maybe I can live with my low rent steel spring....
Any other places to look at?

FatMuz

Likes Dirt
I will never, ever attempt to buy from ti-springs.com again. Warning, don't do it!
I was told it would be a month from order to my door. 4 months later I was still waiting. I ended up having to pursue him for a refund through Paypal... he continually lied...claiming to have sent the spring... but couldn't provide a tracking or consignment number. He tried to fight me by continually drawing out Paypal's appeal system. The internet is littered with examples of his poor integrity. Don't do it!

binner

Hath shat hymself
I use a guy on ebay..... J&L titanium springs.... I pay around 140 bucks ..... been pretty good so far after 2 springs purchased and used....

Jpez

Down on the left!
I will never, ever attempt to buy from ti-springs.com again. Warning, don't do it!
I was told it would be a month from order to my door. 4 months later I was still waiting. I ended up having to pursue him for a refund through Paypal... he continually lied...claiming to have sent the spring... but couldn't provide a tracking or consignment number. He tried to fight me by continually drawing out Paypal's appeal system. The internet is littered with examples of his poor integrity. Don't do it!
Yep, after more poking around and seeing more reviews just like your experience it sounds like ‘Scout’ is not the kind of seller I want to deal with.
I use a guy on ebay..... J&L titanium springs.... I pay around 140 bucks ..... been pretty good so far after 2 springs purchased and used....
Will check them out thanks.

teK--

Eats Squid
Always check the number of windings.. the cheap ti springs are no lighter than a steel spring and are heavier than the lightweight steel springs (fox SLS and CC Valt for example)

Z

Zaf

I'll try get a better picture of the SAR Spring that comes on my EXT Storia, they have a brilliant speckle finish to them. Works of art!

Jpez

Down on the left!
Always check the number of windings.. the cheap ti springs are no lighter than a steel spring and are heavier than the lightweight steel springs (fox SLS and CC Valt for example)
Good advice there. Especially as my main motivation to go Ti is for weight reduction.
My Shock is a RS Super Deluxe. No idea if there are any SLS springs for RS.
I'll try get a better picture of the SAR Spring that comes on my EXT Storia, they have a brilliant speckle finish to them. Works of art!
Yeah I seen the Ext shocks. Pretty sexy looking bits of kit for sure.

Z

Zaf

@Jpez it's the spring ALL the DH pro's use on their shocks as well. They have the spacer to pad it out to the different shock strokes and they get a seriously good wrap. Really hard to find a picture that shows it well, might be one of those things you need to see in moving light, but the speckle finish looks really good.

Z

Zaf

Actually...how much are you willing to price creep? Because you could just go buy an EXT Storia, and then you get 2xSAR springs included in the cost and shave half a kilo compared to a Rockshox coil offering anyway. I hear hand made, raw alloy frames and EXT Storia shocks are kind a panty-dropper anyway.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Actually...how much are you willing to price creep? Because you could just go buy an EXT Storia, and then you get 2xSAR springs included in the cost and shave half a kilo compared to a Rockshox coil offering anyway. I hear hand made, raw alloy frames and EXT Storia shocks are kind a panty-dropper anyway.
Hhmmmm. Only just bought the shock so can’t see myself buying a new one. Yet... Happy to spend a couple hundred on a new spring but a whole new shock and spring. Nah not going to happen.
I would have like to have justified a Push but they require a remortgage of the house and they are actually heavier that a RS coil. But they do look the shizzle on a raw frame.

teK--

Eats Squid
The price of a Storia is certainly up there with the ElevenSix, so for that price I would prefer the locally supported choice...

Z

Zaf

The price of a Storia is certainly up there with the ElevenSix, so for that price I would prefer the locally supported choice...
$1200AUD vs $1200USD (+GST, Duty and Shipping).
And the EXT Storia has a local service center in country.

@Jpez It wasn't too serious a recommendation, but you should do it anyway.

teK--

Eats Squid
But do they offer reconfigurations when you take shock to new bike etc? I haven't done a full comparison of the specs but assume both to be in the high end boutique category.

Z

Zaf

Never really been a consideration of mine to make it multi-bike compatible; but given that they can custom tune it, I'd say it's a re-valving process and perfectly achievable if you plan to move it to another bike with a service.

The EXT is extremely economical though. It's pretty much the same price as a current year model Fox DHX2 with 2xSLS springs.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
You got me sold zaf. Next frames gonna be running one for sure.

Next frames probably gonna be a GG megatrail or knolly warden. Gonna be sick!!!!! The savings have commenced.

Reactions: Zaf