Bling my spring.

Z

Zaf

You got me sold zaf. Next frames gonna be running one for sure.
Next frames probably gonna be a GG megatrail or knolly warden. Gonna be sick!!!!! The savings have commenced.
I'll shoot the e-mail of the guy in country to contact, he's been brilliant to deal with and he's up and running as a service rep as well.

Jpez

Down on the left!
$1200AUD vs $1200USD (+GST, Duty and Shipping).
And the EXT Storia has a local service center in country.

@Jpez It wasn't too serious a recommendation, but you should do it anyway.
You are an enabler Zaf.
I just had someone tell me that Push told them that Ti springs are rubbish and that because they are not spring steel that they only have a certain life span.
Anybody heard anything about this?

Reactions: Zaf
Z

Zaf

I just want you to be happy, and share the joy I felt having bought one.

I'd want to read the exact quote from Push, but like anything, there'll be different levels of quality within each field. Titanium alloys, as a general rule, should have a better fatigue cycle to steel. If properly made, the service cycle should be longer than most bikes will ever see.

kurtis1984

Likes Dirt
I use a guy on ebay..... J&L titanium springs.... I pay around 140 bucks ..... been pretty good so far after 2 springs purchased and used....
@binner

How has this spring held up? I've found an ultralight one on eBay that I'm kind of keen on, but not sure about longevity, fit (ID and deflection that would cause body rub) and the overall accuracy of the weight (450lbs vs 400lbs etc).

Any thoughts you could share?