Food/Diet Bloating

slippy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Gastronomic function? Ha ha, I think you meant gastric.

Coeliac can be diagnosed by a simple blood test. If you have any doubts just get it done. No need to waste months experimenting with your diet. While you're at it you could get a lot of other possibilities eliminated at the same time.

Willsy does have a point. A lot of people are jumping on the gluten intolerance bandwagon and confusing the issue with the pseudoscience of "all grains/carbohydrates/sugars" are evil and going off on fad diets. Which is a bit of a slap in the face to the genuinely gluten intolerant. It's a quirk of human nature that I find particularly annoying - intelligent people disregard decades of well validated science and jump on to the latest diet trend because some quack uses a process of "logical" reasoning (but little or no evidence) and sounds very convincing. It's something we seem to like to do with our diets in particular, perhaps it all part of the quick fix mentality?

faulko

Likes Dirt
It has been suggested to me for my bloating to get a "allergen" blood test done. Sorry for spelling.

I guess they take blood and test it for food allergies.

If your body doesn't agree or has a hard time processing certain foods then bloating could be a side effect without any other effects felt.

Also suggested to me was back (t3 or t4) issues can cause (although not the main ingredient in) bloating issues.

Andrei

Likes Dirt
Also what other foods are you consuming with carbs? Starches and protein don't digest well together and can also cause bloating. Look for a good food combining chart on google.

schwing

Likes Dirt
Also what other foods are you consuming with carbs? Starches and protein don't digest well together and can also cause bloating. Look for a good food combining chart on google.
I reach a critical carb intake it seems when my diet is poor. Too much refined stuff I think. Anyway its then the bloating starts. I pull back on the flavoured milk and alcohol and biscuits and cakes, non of which I eat excessively but at times too regularly, get on some good probiotics and increase veges and fruits and feel great in 2-3 days. As for breakfast try delaying it and having say cereal with soy or fruitjuice instead of milk - Worth trying for you?

Thomas11

Likes Dirt
Sorry, should have said coeliac can be excluded by a simple blood test.
Negative.
The misses had a blood test that came back negative for coeliac.
Still had bad symptoms after the initial test so they did the endoscopy and came back positive

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Negative.
The misses had a blood test that came back negative for coeliac.
Still had bad symptoms after the initial test so they did the endoscopy and came back positive
I had a negative result 12-14 years ago, so went on my merry way stuffing my pie hole with gluten, despite grandparents from BOTH sides having celiacs disease, along with my sister. My grandfather ignored it his whole life, which led to bowl cancer and then liver cancer. Not a nice way to go out....

Two years ago I was a complete mess, took long service leave, headed to thailand and ate like a local for three months to get my sh*t together, and avoided all processed food and gluten. On my return, an endoscope confirmed MAJOR damage.

Since excluding all gluten, I'm become ultra sensitive to any gluten. As an extreme celiac's sufferer, any gluten reaction involves blood, though I've not glutened myself in 16 months now. I eat two salads every day with some form of protein, plus a LOT of fruit. Breakfast is a bowl of rice flakes, followed by a ton of vitamins and minerals. I've lost 30kg so far.

I hope by the end of summer I can go sub 20 minutes on the comm games loop at Lysterfield, currently at about 24 mins. A long way from the couch slob I was two years ago.