Blue Gum Swamp/Your Fastest Lap!

BM Epic

Eats Squid
Anybody want to take up there own personal challenge, it's not for overall fastest, just your personal best!
The lap starts at the top gate(whitecross road), and ends at the intersection where the sign for blue gum swamp and shaw's ridge is!..the lap is app:9km
Post up your personal best times and i will update as we go!
So Far....
Mtbasn-21.22
Bushpilot-25.47
BM Epic-28.20
markjo-30.20
ireallylikeriding-23.56
Go To Bed Jessica-28.25
mty10@-39.51 on xc/45.30 on d/h bike
mv#103-20.51
MrCove-26.00
Steve N-31.30

Last edited:

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anybody want to take up there own personal challenge, it's not for overall fastest, just your personal best!
The lap starts at the top gate(whitecross road), and ends at the intersection where the sign for blue gum swamp and shaw's ridge is!..the lap is app:9km
Post up your personal best times and i will update as we go!
So Far....
Mtbasn-21.22
Bushpilot-25.47
BM Epic-28.20
You mean start at the gate we usually end at when I am there... but which is the finish point? On a map?

markjo

Squid
Did 3 laps last Sunday. Quickest lap was 2nd lap with time of 30:20.
Also rode up Bees Nest hill once. Would also be good to set up personal challenge for Bees Nest Hill, starting at the sign at the bottom and finishing at the sign at the top. Didn't time the hill last week as was part of my last lap. Will time myself next time.

BM Epic

Eats Squid
Did 3 laps last Sunday. Quickest lap was 2nd lap with time of 30:20.
Also rode up Bees Nest hill once. Would also be good to set up personal challenge for Bees Nest Hill, starting at the sign at the bottom and finishing at the sign at the top. Didn't time the hill last week as was part of my last lap. Will time myself next time.
Well done with the 30.20 mate, when you beat it, post it and i will update it, we usually ride grose head out, down bees nest, then a lap of blue gum, up bees nest and reverse of grose head.
We never time it but would be interested in knowing what time we do.
We have had a couple of people say they would like to time bees nest down hill, there would be heaps of takers for that one!

go to bed jessica

Likes Dirt
Anti-clockwise, descend the switchbacks, Alex is going to get in a lather if you crack his time, you may find yourself in a spooning position!;)..Well done today!
Fair enough, I'll get out there one day. To be honest I'd probably never go 100% out there as it's always full of walkers whenever I go through, so I'd say Alex's time is safe. Although I do like the idea of a spoon..............

If anyone is intersted I would happily post up some local trail + hill times as targets, some of them are pretty old so are probably due for a beating.

Finaly, thanks! It's about bloody time!

BM Epic

Eats Squid
Just to well and truly clarify, we are talking anti clockwisefrom gate, looping round to the start again, before trudging back to the gate...?
Yep, start at the top gate, stop at the intersection where the tree, sandstone rocks and big gum tree stand at the intersection!
Big Dog, come out one arvo when there is less chance of running into walkers, do a reverse of bees nest and grose head!

mtbasn

Likes Bikes
Fair enough, I'll get out there one day.

If anyone is intersted I would happily post up some local trail + hill times as targets, some of them are pretty old so are probably due for a beating.

Finaly, thanks! It's about bloody time!
Yes please, BIG DOG :), post up some times so i can try and get them

I'll have to show you how the Glenbrook track is done one day!

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
well done, we will be heading out next week to have a go at improvement...maybe!:D
What day you going out.. I may try and see what I get on the single speed. :)

(Tried my geared bike the other day after two months and just didn't change gears... then remembered and did a terrible change and dropped the chain.. useless)