Blue Mountain Downhill Riders.

Sps.

Banned
Following on from mongoosedh's thread, I read through it and figured that it wasn't actually about organising BM rides. So I started one for the mountain's downhill riders.

Next ride: Saturday the 28th of June. 9:28. Meet at blaxland station.
Where: Old Bathurst road and then maybe a jaunt at Chicken Run
Why: Because its fun.
Who's in: Me; bethextrem1; Jrewing; phat_tyres (+ x); whitey89
Mabs: nikmcc; freestyle1410; NICK_ATKINS;

Details:
Would start around 10-11 O'Clock and go for a few hours. We can use the train to shuttle or if someone wants to help out then I'm sure that we wouldn't mind chucking you some fuel money for your deeds.
Directions: Meet at blaxland train station, not that hard, hehe.
Weather:
Saturday - Mostly sunny, some clouds.
MIN: 0 ° C
MAX: 14 ° C

Post up here or PM me if you want in.

Last edited:

nikmcc

Likes Dirt
If we can get someone with trailer or somthing to run shuttles, Im In.

Im not doing the train thing, done that once... never again...

phat_tyres

Likes Dirt
ill be there aslong as im not working.
as for getting someone to shuttle... doubt it will happen but ill ask round.
im fine with train runs, just builds fitness :p

EDIT: ill also notify other riders to come along.

BM Epic

Eats Squid
Hello Sps,how's it goin'? Me,i am damaged goods,bushpilot took me out 2 days running and made me smash:(,now i have scabby right knee and i need a tissue every now and then for when i cry!

Ride.Dirt.Wake.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
dammit im working til 1. will you guys be there about 2?
anyone riding sunday? BM epic i didnt know you ride dh, i thought you were xc?

BM Epic

Eats Squid
dammit im working til 1. will you guys be there about 2?
anyone riding sunday? BM epic i didnt know you ride dh, i thought you were xc?
Hopefully i will be getting a d/h bike one day,i have to be quiet or the wife will know that i want a d/h bike,i have to save up around 4k and make an excuse why i need this big lump of a bike,it will give me time to make up an excuse why i "need" a d/h bike!
I do love smashing down hills but the epic doesn't quite like it that much!

phat_tyres

Likes Dirt
ill definitely still be riding at 2.. IF im riding on saturday.
as for sunday, ill be out there sometime. not sure when though.
;)

jrewing

Eats Squid
Count me in. Just getting back into riding after a thousand years off and wanna test the new rig out.
So it'll be a ten start roughly?

Sps.

Banned
Count me in. Just getting back into riding after a thousand years off and wanna test the new rig out.
So it'll be a ten start roughly?
10am meet, probs 10:30-ish start after we've mucked around and worked out what we're doing.

whitey89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I may be there too. Where exactly did you want to meet?
We should head over to chicken run in the arvo.
Will we be doing a couple of pushies thorugh sections or were you planning to do whole runs?

Sps.

Banned
I may be there too. Where exactly did you want to meet? Suggestions? I've never been.
We should head over to chicken run in the arvo. Up to you guys.
Will we be doing a couple of pushies thorugh sections or were you planning to do whole runs?Whatever we want, I was thinking that I'd re:hit some sections because I don't know the track.
As above, children.

whitey89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
As above, children.
Ahh, sweet man! Ok id suggest meeting at Blaxland station if you've never been. That way we all get there at the same time and we can show you where it is.

Ill get the 8.31 from strathfield, gets up there at 9.28. If we shuttle from emu plains trains leave at 12past on the hour.

We ussually do sections when we use the train, just because after 2runs you will push it to get back down in an hour for the next train and you just waste time waiting. Also its fun to dial sections.

Also, in the arvo i find it best to hit chicken run, just becuase its easier to do pushies and its kind of smoother after a hard morning at old b.

phat_tyres

Likes Dirt
im so N/A'ing work this saturday.
i say we meet at blaxland station if your catching the train or at the top of the track if your not catching the train (and you know where to go)
but ill be at the station... 9.28's preeeettty early 4 me, but i guess it'll be worth it :rolleyes:
ill push sections if we have time before the next train... and yer im keen on chiken run aswell. round like 3 or something..

whats everyone else think?
:cool:

Ride.Dirt.Wake.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yer me too ill finish at 12.
I finish at 1, so ill be there (blaxland station) about 10 past 2, just before your train should come in. actually ill probably just ride to the trailhead and wait for yous

Hopefully i will be getting a d/h bike one day,i have to be quiet or the wife will know that i want a d/h bike,i have to save up around 4k and make an excuse why i need this big lump of a bike,it will give me time to make up an excuse why i "need" a d/h bike!
I do love smashing down hills but the epic doesn't quite like it that much!
Haha excersice and enjoyment all the way! good luck with that.

ill definitely still be riding at 2.. IF im riding on saturday.
as for sunday, ill be out there sometime. not sure when though.
;)
If im not workng sunday too, ill be there (blaxland station) about 10-ish

Sps.

Banned
Note to all: We will be meeting at blaxland station at 9:28 (when teh trainz comes) NOT at 10. If you wish to be with the original group for the first run, please, be on time.

NICK ATKINS

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I might go straight out to the chicken run at around 1:30, 2. so i might see some of you out there. But ill probably do a few runs of obr on Sunday.