Blue Mountain Downhill Riders.

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Please Register with the Blue Mountains Off Road Cyclists

After the closure of Old Bathurst Road a bunch of mountains riders has come together to create the Blue Mountains Off Road Cyclists. What the group primarily wants to do is create communication between riders and be a lobby group when required.

We are currently trying to register as many riders to the BMORC as possible at (and it doesn't cost anything). So please go to...

www.bmorc.com

and spend 30 seconds to register.

What is the aim of registering?

1) Basically it lists you somewhat like a petitioner with the BMORC. So when communicating with council or other institutions the BMORC can say we represent X number Blue Mountains riders. The greater the number, the more mountain bikers will be listened too.

2) It allows us to contact you to inform you of important issues that may require emails or letters to lobby. Something that was sorely lacking over the OBR issue.

You can also join the forums at bmorc.com which aim to discuss issues relevant to the Blue Mountains riders. The forum has a certain level of privacy so that all opinions and issues can be discussed openly which isn't possible on a very public forum like rotorburn.

Its early days and if you want to help out or air any opinions in any way to what the BMORC hopes to do that is more than appreciated.

bellsy

Likes Dirt
Anyone riding on Sat arvo?
Coming back up to the mountains for mummies day, and will probably bring my XC and DH bikes up.

Where's the best place to go for DH runs now that OBR is shut down? Only other one I know in the lower mountains is chicken run. Send me a PM if you guys dont wanna broadcast trails.

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Hey guys whats the go with council giving us the designated DH area?
Is it still being worked out or have they coimpletely dropped it altogether?

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Still searching ... reports out in June ish ... but pretty much as per the first report ... no other suitable areas ... one of the Green's councillors has suggested a couple spots which are being assessed ... so still some hope I guess.

Soz ... bit slow

Will let you know once we know more.

NICK ATKINS

Likes Bikes and Dirt
any idea where these suggested locations are? and is there a proposed time for a perminate closer of old bathurst?

thnaks nick

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
technically closed now Nick ... please don't ride there fellas ... I know its hard ... but not worth the grief ... and there is supposed to be some kind of enforcement efforts ... give it a bit of time.

I'm waiting on some minutes from Soren which will outline what we've looked at, but discounted due to various things ... not enough gradient/fall, environmental issues, no suitable road access, private land issues, likely resident issues etc etc.

Clr clark suggested an area at Mt Vic ... and one near Mt Pddington ... again these are currently going thru assessment.

Will let you guys know when we do.

make sure to register on BMORC ... so we get email details again. I've been having problems with emails from the initial group of vollies.

Al

powermutant

Likes Dirt
have you registered on BMORC ... sniping is easy, contributing and working with the broader community is hard.
Of course, and made phone calls and written letters to council staff and councillors. The comment is purely an obvservation that if Mt. Piddington is considered acceptable what reasons remain for banning trails on the eastern escarpment, or the western escarpment for that matter?

Last edited:

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
Of course, and made phone calls and written letters to council staff and councillors. The comment is purely an obvservation that if Mt. Piddington is considered acceptable what reasons remain for banning trails on the eastern escarpment, or the western escarpment for that matter?
You are assuming there was logic involved in the decision..........

dhlouie101

Likes Dirt
hay guys obr has been closed for about 1-2 months or so and i was wondering if council are actually doing anything at all about a new track or if it is all talk? anyway I was wondering if there are any other tracks apart from the lithgow and blackheath downhill tracks running?

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
There is a search for a track under way ... however, it is proving to be a challenge given the hoops and hurdles.

As per my sig, best thing to do is to register on BMORC, to keep track on whats happening. and more importantly register your contact details for next steps.

There is a 2nd paper due in June ish ... however, it is very important that we get a true indication of Blue Mountains riders out there and willing to show the demand for legitimate trails.

Any questions, feel free to PM me, Moggio, Kingy or post a message on BMORC

Al

dhr_matt

Likes Dirt
It was a big shame to see guys doing shuttles in a black triton ute last weekend. Either they can't read the signs or don't give a crap.

It's really frustrating that people still can't respect the council's decision, as much as we all hate it, hang in there guys and hope for the best for now and respect the decision to get a potentially good result in the end.

dhr_matt

Likes Dirt
I hope that stops people from riding for now. Way too many people still riding there, its disappointing to see people can't respect it.