Blue Mountain Downhill Riders.

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Problem is Al that it's a steel hanger (rather than Aluminium...). That, and the bolt hole is really deformed as the bend is straight across it - it's pinched on one side & ovalised on the other :( I could bend it back, but that bolt hole & the threads are never going to be perfectly round & straight again...

Quency

Likes Dirt
So work is sending me to Lawson for about 18 months starting in late November this year and I'm keen to keep on riding. For now I'm just after a bit of information but when I get down there I wouldn't mind a bit of a guide through some local trails if anyway is keen to show me around. I'll have my DH'er and an XC bike I'd say.

For now but,
-Which is more dominant for the area, DH or XC?
-Do you have to shuttle the DH tracks or are push runs an option? If shuttles, is it quick/easy?
-What would be the closest club for racing?

I can't think of anything else but if any pearls of information come to mind for someone about to come there please let me know

Cheers,

Quentin

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Quentin

There is heaps more legal XC ...
The only real and legal DH track is Lithgow ... aside from the private tracks used by WSMTB

BMORC is working with council to improve on the DH & XC tracks in the Knapsack reserve (Glenbrook) but realistically, quite a way away.

Some of the lads may show you chicken run and maybe some others, best to meet and greet at the wsmtb rounds

WSMTB is the nearest / largest club with regular racing for both XC and DH

BMORC is the advocacy group with social rides (check my sig and sign up if you like)

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
All

BMCC council meeting to approve the draft MTB plans for Knapsack will be held on the
23rd Nov 2010

Council Meetings are held from 7:30pm in the Council Chambers, 2 Civic Place, Katoomba.

Similar to OBR, we are expecting negative comments and attempts by those opposed

It is crucial that Locals and residents of BMCC turn up in number to support BMORC and our proposals.

So please pass the message around, put it in your calendars, if you need lifts or a hand to get there go here

http://bmorc.com/node/18000

or give me a call to discuss
0404 885 896

Al

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Update: 14Dec2010 is the relevant meeting date to approve draft MTB plans

Calendar item
http://bmorc.com/node/18150

Please take time to come along as numbers are the way to more effectively show council local demand for legitimate and sustainable trails.

Please if you are not already a BMORC member, sign up and head to the calendar item (above) and select the star icon above the "Who's in" section.

pass it round to the lads, bring your folks, please let those riders who aren't on the forums, know that showing up is the most effective way to get our trails back.

Al

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rider support on Knapsack Reserve Dec 14th

On Dec 14th the final report on the mtb trails at Knapsack goes to council recommending the prefered "Option A" Downhill alignment.

* What we need is for people to email councillors before the 14th supporting the four recomendations on the report.

A brief email outlining you support Item 12 "Knapsack Reserve Mountain Bike Plan" as tabled by BMCC staff for the scheduled BMCC meeting to be held on the 14Dec2010 along with brief personal comments. Also thank the councillors for providing the opportunity for this report to be raised. We feel the majority of Councillors are ready to be supportive of this plan, we just need to show, as riders, there are many who support it as well.

Councillors emails are

dmyles@bmcc.nsw.gov.au, thamilton@bmcc.nsw.gov.au, egibbs@bmcc.nsw.gov.au, jmays@bmcc.nsw.gov.au, asearle@bmcc.nsw.gov.au, cvanderkley@bmcc.nsw.gov.au, dclark@bmcc.nsw.gov.au, amclaren@bmcc.nsw.gov.au, bluchetti@bmcc.nsw.gov.au, fcreed@bmcc.nsw.gov.au, mgreenhill@bmcc.nsw.gov.au, hmccallum@bmcc.nsw.gov.au

If you want to find out more information on this go to www.bmorc.com

* Secondly if you can make the meeting at council chambers in Katoomba on 14th Dec at 7:30pm that would be great.

If you want proper legalised mountain bike trails in the mountains this is the best and easiest way to make it happen.

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey guys, do we just rock up at council chambers and it'll go from there?

Yeah rock up to council chambers and basically be seen as part of an interest group. The more numbers the more council realises we are a large and valid.

I don't know how interesting it will be, though its interesting to see how council works, but the more support the better.

MtbDjRidaSachaz66

Likes Dirt
Hey guys, um I know that I'm digging this thread from out of the grave but I have a question to ask... Whereabouts is the replacement track for the Old Bathurst Road downhill track? Sorry if I missed the answer to this question from anywhere :S

Last edited:

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey guys, um I know that I'm digging this thread from out of the grave but I have a question to ask... Whereabouts is the replacement track for the Old Bathurst Road downhill track? Sorry if I missed the answer to this question from anywhere :S
The current legal track is at Knapsack Reserve.. details can be found here.

http://bmorc.com/node/16945

On this page is some details on shuttling...

http://bmorc.com/node/16931

This is the interim existing DH trail which isn't great. It was an exisiting set of trails utilised by some Dhers over the years and refered to loosely as "Stringline". This is the one that BMORC are trying to have realigned as can be seen if you are interested in these reports http://bmorc.com/node/16871.

We are currently waiting on the return of environmental impact REF report on these plans which has been delayed. When the REF report is back, which should be in a week or so now, there will be another round of community consultation and then a final vote from councillors on the whole plan. If it gets approved then we can go ahead with the building which will also take quite a while.

So sadly the interim track as all there is at the moment. So as Toxic advises out west near Lithgow is where the main batch of legal DH exists.

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
REF Report is Out

For those who are interested the REF report on the environmental impact of the trail is out now and to go up before council next Tuesday the 19th July.

If this gets passed at the meeting (which it should) then there will be a period of public consultation before the final BMCC meeting probably in October. This final meeting will weigh up the information gained from the community consultation phase and the scrutinised REF report.

So REF report can be found here

http://www.bmcc.nsw.gov.au/download.cfm?f=1C28F1C8-C29F-26E0-DBBED7C6EB57386B

And council Business paper on the issue here, Item 8.

http://www.bmcc.nsw.gov.au/download.cfm?f=1C1FB6A7-C29F-26E0-DA5BEAC81E632479

More information can be found at www.bmorc.com

csrides

Likes Bikes
Hey guys, im new to the sport of downhill, transferred from bmx, and i was just wondering if there are actually any legal tracks in the lower blue mountains?

Last edited:
Hey guys,

looking to see if anyone is happy to show a new guy around knapsack. to the DH. first proper ride on the demo 7.
if anyone is interested or has any advice send me a pm or try organise something for this saturday.

cheers

MtbDjRidaSachaz66

Likes Dirt
Is anybody keen for a ride this sunday? I just got a kona operator and i am keen to test it out!
Mate, I don't think there's much use posting in this thread as farkiners seem to very rarely to touch it. So you're probably better off posting elsewhere in the watering hole... Sad I know.

I'd be keen to hit up Oxford Falls tomorrow. :)