Blue Mountains Psycho Night Rider's Thread

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This was previously the thread "The Oaks (Woodford > Glenbrook) run........ at night!" started by Maxwolfie but has now mutated to have an actual date so I have started a new thread for it.

So on with the formalities..

Where: The Oaks - Woodford to Glenbrook. Meet at the south side of Woodford Station (ie the side the Oaks trail starts on).

When: Saturday 5th July - start time would be 8pm. Night ride... bring your lights.

Pace: At night, in the mid winter cold I imagine the pace will be brisk but not gut busting or a race. Still there to have a sociable and fun ride.

Transport: Get to Woodford by train or car, that is the easy bit. For after the ride, BM Epic is looking at organising some shuttling from Glenbrook so that we don't have to all train it back up. So please anybody that can offer some room for bikes or people back up to Woodford please rasie your hands up so this can all be organised.

Farkers in so Far:
Nerf Herder, JP, BM Epic, bushpilot, Moggio

Maybes:

bipyjamas, mhg, No Skid Marks, "some of the regular Sydney Night ride guys"

Last edited:

taibo

Eats Squid
ill be a maybe for now until we get closer to the date...
i can shuttle 4 ppl and 4 bikes

davzab

Likes Dirt
In

Will be there, should be sweet, haven't ridden it since march maybe?
hopefully not too wide and boring....

probably can't help with shuttle though....

Peace

Mantra

Likes Bikes
Count me in.

I'll be catching the 7.23pm train up from Glenbrook.

Can't help out shuttles as I'll be heading in the other direction after the ride.

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hopefully not too wide and boring....
Was on the Oaks yesterday and it has been graded considerably.. the big nasty hill (Redwire Saddle?) hasn't been touched and is still funky, but all the other rough climbs and downhills in the first half have been smoothed out. :(

They have also cut in around 2 metres into the bush on either side for the first few kms. After that they seemed to have calmed down a bit and just lopped off a few trees.

Good to see some people interested in this... looking like it should be a good evening... hopefully the weather dries out by then!!

I guess we will try and calculate shuttling strategies nearer the date when we get some definate numbers.

bushpilot

Likes Dirt
I think the best strategy for anyone driving and not local is to park at Glenbrook and catch that 7:23pm train up to Woodford. The Glenbrook rail carpark is kind of diagonally over the road from the station on the highway side (for those unfamiliar).

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think the best strategy for anyone driving and not local is to park at Glenbrook and catch that 7:23pm train up to Woodford. The Glenbrook rail carpark is kind of diagonally over the road from the station on the highway side (for those unfamiliar).
Good idea, I agree ( I feel a bit like good 'ol "jong_boy" here just repeating this), this will keep things nice and simple make things not end too late... the drive back up to Woodford after a late ride could make for a very late evening yet alone a logistical effort.

So yes a 7:23pm train from Glenbrook which arrives at Woodford 7:54pm. Will time nicely for an 8pm start. Probably good to organise numbers so people can meet up at Glenbrook station and travel together.

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
i'll be up for this too, will prob catch the train from Deep Warrimoo

anyone fancy going to the Lapo after!!!

BM Epic

Eats Squid
Good idea, I agree ( I feel a bit like good 'ol "jong_boy" here just repeating this), this will keep things nice and simple make things not end too late... the drive back up to Woodford after a late ride could make for a very late evening yet alone a logistical effort.

So yes a 7:23pm train from Glenbrook which arrives at Woodford 7:54pm. Will time nicely for an 8pm start. Probably good to organise numbers so people can meet up at Glenbrook station and travel together.
jongy_boy jongy_boy hehehehe!

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Fellas not sure I can make GB by 7ish ?? ... as thats when I'll likely be leaving Home ... prolly a bit after.

However, can prolly make woodford by 8.30pm. As we'll drive straight there.

Let me know if that fits in ?

BM Epic

Eats Squid
Fellas not sure I can make GB by 7ish ?? ... as thats when I'll likely be leaving Home ... prolly a bit after.

Should be sweet Al,i am riding with bushpilot and moggio tomorrow,i think they wont mind!,i will do some arm twisting on your behalf!:D

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt

I think we can work around the Nerf Herder as he has become the symbol and inspiration for all Sydney night riders... also means I get to put my kiddies to bed :)

If we were timing things around the Glenbrook to Woodford train that arrives at 7:56pm, and we allow a bit of time for it being a bit late, we still wouldn't have realistically been setting off till around 8:15pm anyway.

8:30pm will just mean the train people will be 15minutes colder and crankier. If anyone is driving to Woodford maybe they could bring a thermos and cookies to soothe the savages.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
8:30pm will just mean the train people will be 15minutes colder and crankier. If anyone is driving to Woodford maybe they could bring a thermos and cookies to soothe the savages.
would be lucky to remember my Lid & shoes ... bawahahahaha ... will see what pre-ride warm up bribes I can manage.

Now ... is a Lapo a Mountain thingy ... Its not a Mountain Man Lap dance or something is it :eek: ... *Pauline Hanson nasal whine* "Please Explain" ? :p wah wah wah

BM Epic

Eats Squid
would be lucky to remember my Lid & shoes ... bawahahahaha ... will see what pre-ride warm up bribes I can manage.

Now ... is a Lapo a Mountain thingy ... Its not a Mountain Man Lap dance or something is it :eek: ... *Pauline Hanson nasal whine* "Please Explain" ? :p wah wah wah
Nah,lapstone hotel,place of liquid refreshment and merriment ,and stupidity.
Nice classy hotel in reality!

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
I see ... tentative lapo yep from me ... depending on legal status of my passengers and or whether I have another brain melt moment in the mountains.

Seeing those Leprechauns in the dark will be freaky :eek:

BM Epic

Eats Squid
I see ... tentative lapo yep from me ... depending on legal status of my passengers and or whether I have another brain melt moment in the mountains.

Seeing those Leprechauns in the dark will be freaky :eek:
Yep,the alligators playing the trombone in a dark room,weird huh?
You will be right mate,it was just an ando's moment!