Blue Mountains "turgid" Riders Thread 10

HEC

Likes Bikes
Where: Oaks fire trail
When: sunday 2nd of may
Time: meet at the top gate at 10am..train arrives at 9.54
This will be a casual pace as it's a meet and greet for bmorc and for everyone to get to know who is who, afterwards will be coffee and cakes for those who wish to partake.

Who's In: BM Epic, big chuck,
I'm still in.

I'm glad I checked on this forum, I was feeling a little bit lost about the time and meeting place. Looking forward to it.:)

BLKFOZ

Likes Dirt
Where: Oaks fire trail
When: sunday 2nd of may
Time: meet at the top gate at 10am..train arrives at 9.54
This will be a casual pace as it's a meet and greet for bmorc and for everyone to get to know who is who, afterwards will be coffee and cakes for those who wish to partake.

Who's In: BM Epic, big chuck,
I'm still in.

Ill meet everyone at the gates - I'm the big bloke on the blue giant so say g'day cause its my first meet from the forum and I don't know any faces, might have a mate on a white scott if he can be bothered coming up too.

Prob wont be on the train as the wifey might drop me off and head to Leura to do girl stuff.

See everyone there.........

Vinno

Likes Bikes
I'm in but am meeting Kingy at Glenbrook at 8.00AM to ride up. Anyone else who wants to join the suffering please come along as I don't want to grovel behind him by myself.

Big Chuck

Likes Dirt
I'm in but am meeting Kingy at Glenbrook at 8.00AM to ride up. Anyone else who wants to join the suffering please come along as I don't want to grovel behind him by myself.
See you at 8am. I was looking for some kind of reason to do the same.

BM Epic

Eats Squid
See you all up there, might just head down to g/brook to do the climb again!
Dont wait for me though, i might and might not, but will be at the gates at 10am!

Toxic

Likes Dirt
Lawson ST usage

Did my local lawson/hazo ST yesterday for the first time in about two months (It's complicated) and I notice that the junkyard does not seem to be been ridden of late.

On a separate thought, I was standing on Lawson Golf Course thinking to myself "this would be a great place for some trials, maybe even legal trails." Would any here be interested in putting a proposal to council to do such a thing? Likely be a shit tin of work, but you never know your luck.

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
I was standing on Lawson Golf Course thinking to myself "this would be a great place for some trials, maybe even legal trails." Would any here be interested in putting a proposal to council to do such a thing? Likely be a shit tin of work, but you never know your luck.
From memory Steve Humphreis put in a proposal 3 or 4 years ago when the were asking for ideas and it got knocked back. Worth trying again though

Edit: found the threads
http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/sho...bike-area-Lawson-Golf-Course-Outer-Sydney-NSW
http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?53777-Blue-Mountain-Tracks

Last edited:

Toxic

Likes Dirt
From memory Steve Humphreis put in a proposal 3 or 4 years ago when the were asking for ideas and it got knocked back. Worth trying again though
Your a good man, Flynny. I don't care what the others say about you. :cool:

I did recall that someone had a go. It's a off leash dog area at present, but there's regular pockets of bush and I'm sure the council's land there extends a little of the edges into the surrounding bush. Be a fairly flat course, but better than nothing.

BM Epic

Eats Squid
That golf course owes me about 20 golf balls, by memory that would be an awesome place for something of that ilk Matt!

BM Epic

Eats Squid
BMORC ride day, 16th may, Knapsack

Where: Knapsack/Glenbrook
When: 16th May, 9am.
Time: Meet at carpark opposite Glenbrook shops at 9am. This ride is a pretty technical ride that will take app. 3 hours, maybe longer, depending on mechanicals, chatting etc!
It is only 15kms in length!

Who's In?: BM Epic,Isildur, debloot,vinno,

Maybes:JtheB

Last edited:

Isildur

The Real Pedant
I'm in so far. I may be in Sydney the night of the 15th, but will keep you updated as to whether I'll be there.