Blues Nurses Dirt Jumps @ Bardon Barnett St

creepyjoe

Likes Dirt
I went down to where the council has been building this jump park, spoke to 3 workers there who said the jumps were finished and I was free to go "play" on them as long as I didn't cross their barrier for this big patch of grass they're trying to grow.

So I had a look, they've pretty much borxed it all up. There was only one rather huge (roughly head high) table top I was actually able to jump, which I admit was pretty fun.

All the other jumps are really just like 1 huge mound of dirt and then another huge mound of dirt with some impossible to jump distance between them.

Apart from the big table top, there is potentially 1 other jumpable jump there but it's run up is hindered by some borxed up thing they've put in front of it.

But it's still pretty cool in terms of there alot of dirt there, and a lot of impossible jumps and poor attempts at rhythms that with a bit of work from some bikers with shovels who know what they're doing, could be turned into some really awesome jumps.

Theres a few largeish bank corners there too which would be cool if the jumps they led into were actually possible to jump.

G

would it be possible to take some pics so we can see the gaps?

Ty

Eats Squid
fuzzy i give it my shithouse seal of disapproval, they used to be my local jumps till the council offered to help and level it and rebuild it, poorly.
you can't really even jump anything down there now, it's way to hard to dig because the council packed it down with earth moving gear. oh well, there is always ferny.

back in the day, riles, me, big trav

sorry for posting these pics up again but it shows what the jumps used to look like.

ELX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeah the tabletop is alright. I allways seem to land flat after it. There is a bit of potential out ther is we held a working day or somthing. But the jumps were heaps better before they leveled them. The council just put dirt triangles all around and ecpect you to jump from one to the next.

lupine128

Likes Bikes and Dirt
organising a day there to fix them up, and generaly mess around sounds like it would good for a laugh.
wanna see waht we can organise?

creepyjoe

Likes Dirt
might wanna check with who was responsible for designing/building them first, incase they don't already have a fixer upper team planned or something

rubba-chikin

Likes Dirt
I was in the area today and had a look, its pretty much not jumpable apart at all from the large table, needs a lot of work.

also those old jumps are fucking huge!

Ty

Eats Squid
lupine128 said:
organising a day there to fix them up, and generaly mess around sounds like it would good for a laugh.
wanna see waht we can organise?
been there, tryed that, not worth the man power and time at this stage, you'd need a dozer to level the lot, and leave some big piles of loose dirt that can be moved by hand, Trav actualy designed the new place but they ballsed up his plans pretty badley, so before anyone goes off shovel in hand check with trav first on what to do as it is kind of his project.

ELX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You can hire a thing called a mini loader for like 100 a day so if we got a fair few riders together and raised up a bit of money we could get them going again. But we would have a bit of problem getting 100 though. All us riders are allways needing or wanting new parts.

sxereturn

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'll think you'll find any type of earth moving equipment comes at a cost of atleast $65 an hour.

Ty - Do you know Mike? He used to ride out there pretty often. He had shaggy hair, stretched ear, labret stud...rode a green Redline BMX or Wodey's 4 hun when he wasn't using it...

ELX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'mretty sure these are $100 a day. or ther abouts. The are like mini bobcats. I hired one out oned when Our house was bing renovated and it was really powerfull and effective.

Ty

Eats Squid
sxereturn said:
I'll think you'll find any type of earth moving equipment comes at a cost of atleast $65 an hour.

Ty - Do you know Mike? He used to ride out there pretty often. He had shaggy hair, stretched ear, labret stud...rode a green Redline BMX or Wodey's 4 hun when he wasn't using it...
yeah i know mick, used to work at TCs then he worked at ashgrove for a while around easter. that jump in the pics i just posted is actualy one of his creations (you can see him in the pic of riles), shame his shoulder is all messed up he was a damn good digger :!: :wink:

creepyjoe

Likes Dirt
heavy equipment really has no access now seeing as they just re-grassed the mud patch that was created from the bob cats they were using to build the place