BMX Advice

BT180

Max Pfaff
I'm actually keen to get put there on a proper bike. Usually do a few laps on mine when the kids are up there, but a 160mm enduro rig isn't exactly ideal. a DJ would be fun though

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
I find the 24" cruisers way to twitchy to ever get comfortable on and very harsh if you aren't 100% smooth on landing your jumps, DJ bike is of course a little more sluggish compared to a BMX cruiser but way more forgiving on the old bones and an 80mm-100mm fork up front gives you a little bit of case insurance.

BT180

Max Pfaff
I find the 24" cruisers way to twitchy to ever get comfortable on and very harsh if you aren't 100% smooth on landing your jumps, DJ bike is of course a little more sluggish compared to a BMX cruiser but way more forgiving on the old bones and an 80mm-100mm fork up front gives you a little bit of case insurance.
Good call. Could then use it for the local DJs too.

May as well add to the list of places i can axe myself...!

BT180

Max Pfaff
Are BMX rims pretty standard widths in the racing bikes? Only asking because of all the different MTB widths and recommended tyre widths to go with them.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Are BMX rims pretty standard widths in the racing bikes? Only asking because of all the different MTB widths and recommended tyre widths to go with them.
It’s a kids bike dude, he’ll be right!
Has he ridden it with whats on there yet? He’ll probably be fine

BT180

Max Pfaff
Hey this is serious stuff when I’m living vicariously through my child! :)
Hasn’t ridden it yet, but just wanted to jump on the tyre special and make sure they would fit.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Hey this is serious stuff when I’m living vicariously through my child! :)
Hasn’t ridden it yet, but just wanted to jump on the tyre special and make sure they would fit.
Fair enough.
Have you devised a training program yet?
Time to get him in the gym and on the squat rack!