Bmx or freeride moun tain bike

tatewinchester

Likes Dirt
Hey guys am building up a freeride mountain bike atm. but am quite weak haha for a male and am 5'10. was wondering and thinking a bmx will be easier to chuck around. i will be dropping off loads of stuff. will this hold up to that type of abuse??? will a bmx hold up to this abuse better than freeride bike??? i am not riding trails just street.

Revenge

Squid
It depends as they're both different, I built up a custom BMX and it hasn't worked out for me so I'm trying to get a DJ bike, find them easier to jump and I love wheelies but yeah whatever appeals to you - maybe try a friends BMX or DJ Bike? Could help your decision out a bit!

Frayed

Likes Bikes
Give a bmx a shot, I'm pretty small and started riding street, park and trails on a 26" dirt jumper but as soon as I tried a bmx I was converted as I found it much more natural feeling and easier to handle. I don't even miss the 26" on dirt jumps as much as I thought I would. All personal preference I guess but I would definitely try it. As for what will hold up better I guess that comes down to the quality of the parts but I do find BMX parts cheaper compared to MTB parts.

~Alan~

Likes Dirt
I was riding a 26" DJ (street, park etc.) and then borrowed my mates 20" BMX bike one day and was hooked, sold the 26" and bought a BMX.

niki125

Likes Dirt
Watch some BMX vids and look at the huge shit those guys are dropping off. If you're thinking you're going to go bigger than that stop kidding yourself and buy a bmx anyway.