Boost Crankset

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
was going to start a new thread, but may as well just tack on the back of this one
I have just had my new frame turn up, and I am trying to source a BB and crank to suit
Is BB92 just a pressfit BB to suit Boost width Crankset?..I have a RF Atlas that came off my Fatbike and was wanting to run that with spacer, but I can't seem to find anything that may suit
New frame has 92mm wide shell with a dia of 41mm, the crankset I have is a RF 24mm spindle to suit a 100mm threaded shell, I was hoping to find a screw together BB92 and then space out the difference (24mm runs external bearings)...will this work?

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
was going to start a new thread, but may as well just tack on the back of this one
I have just had my new frame turn up, and I am trying to source a BB and crank to suit
Is BB92 just a pressfit BB to suit Boost width Crankset?..I have a RF Atlas that came off my Fatbike and was wanting to run that with spacer, but I can't seem to find anything that may suit
New frame has 92mm wide shell with a dia of 41mm, the crankset I have is a RF 24mm spindle to suit a 100mm threaded shell, I was hoping to find a screw together BB92 and then space out the difference (24mm runs external bearings)...will this work?
not sure you’ll be able to space out the diff, most adapters press in & take normal 24mm spindle, like this wheels mfg bb92 bb

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
yeah, I am residing to the fact that the Atlas cranks will be best sold off with the old frame
can you run any crank, as long as the bearings match up with the spindle?
no bb92 pressfit is shorter than most other cranks, eg bb30 are longer & don’t fit, which is why bb92 is a pi& bb/pf30 is longer & can get adapters for..do you want to run std shimano cranks? i havn’t had a problem with their bb92 bearings, apparently sram new dub is improved also, over the older ones which were frequently changed out...so either pay the high price above for wheels mfg threaded or replace the shimano ones yearly...i get mine from bikebug for 24, only takes 10mins to pop out & press in new ones

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
You can get a suitable spindle and bb for the Atlas cranks but to be honest you're better off just getting a Shimano SLX cranks.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Fred Nurk

No custom title here
For whatever reason, the prior iteration of Race Face's crank attachment mechanism was prone to fucking up, and managed to flog out no matter how well the whole thing was tightened up. It happened to myself and two other mates also with Race Face cranks, I bought mine as my previous FSA BB flogged out.
Conversely I've had a couple of experiences of Shimano pinch bolt arrangements end up loose a couple of times but still be recoverable when tightened correctly.
Its good to know that the Race Face 'bottom out' crank attachment mechanism is still flawed, despite Race Face being reborn. Other ways to ensure you have issues are to buy FSA's 'almost' 24mm BB standard, which isn't compatible with anything else.
Just get the Fishing Tackle and be done with it.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
For whatever reason, the prior iteration of Race Face's crank attachment mechanism was prone to fucking up, and managed to flog out no matter how well the whole thing was tightened up. It happened to myself and two other mates also with Race Face cranks, I bought mine as my previous FSA BB flogged out.
Conversely I've had a couple of experiences of Shimano pinch bolt arrangements end up loose a couple of times but still be recoverable when tightened correctly.
Its good to know that the Race Face 'bottom out' crank attachment mechanism is still flawed, despite Race Face being reborn. Other ways to ensure you have issues are to buy FSA's 'almost' 24mm BB standard, which isn't compatible with anything else.
Just get the Fishing Tackle and be done with it.
never had a RF fail on me, but yes I have had Shimano micro spline pinch bolts come loose and mangle the spline on exiting the crank arm..
may go down the SLX road, lots of Sram shit on facie, but the are not without their demons either