Bos Vipr airshock

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Does anyone here have one? More importantly, can you tell me whether you'd recommend it over an RP23 non kashima shock?

C0na

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Does anyone here have one? More importantly, can you tell me whether you'd recommend it over an RP23 non kashima shock?
Yes, yes I do have one. Im selling it too...to buy a RP23.... TBH I don't rate them very highly. I have had mine tuned by NSD too. They just blow through their travel, rebound on the slowest setting is just way to fast. For the money, you can buy better ie Fox/rockshox.

It may just be that the leverage ratio on my frame is not right for the shock. But Im not convinced.

Soo... want to buy a freshly serviced Bos Vip'r? :eyebrows:

Last edited:

DMan

Lol. What size is it?

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

DMan

I'd need a 190X50 unfortunately. I did looks at yours now I've seen the thread...

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The above seems to contradict a lot of reviews out there.. BOS often have very good compression control I've found. Sounds like the tune may have been possibly out a touch?

Personally i think the new BOS Kirk is a better option if you can get one. More suited the trail/AM/Enduro rather than xc/trail of the Vipr.

From my experience BOS stuff sh!ts all over any RS/Fox etc I've tried (them all).

DMan

My thoughts too so I got a vipr. The price was too good to pass. Lets hope im not wrong ;)

DMan

It was fate. The only one they had left and it was my size. That's the one I got.