Bowden Spur Kinglake - The rebuilding of a new legal DH riding facility.

blackmamba

Likes Bikes
Spoke with Ion (Ranger in charge) and the final call will be made thurs following a walk through. Supposed to be arctic thurs! But yeah if thats all mint, it will be green flag for Sat!

Willing to throw beers / dollars for shuttles into someones esky Sat if anyones got spare seats.

markhood01

Likes Bikes
Spoke with Ion (Ranger in charge) and the final call will be made thurs following a walk through. Supposed to be arctic thurs! But yeah if thats all mint, it will be green flag for Sat!

Willing to throw beers / dollars for shuttles into someones esky Sat if anyones got spare seats.
Any word yet as to whether Saturday gets a green light?

markhood01

Likes Bikes
Shuttle Spot

Super late notice, but I've got a seat in a car doing shuttles tomorrow if someone is keen. Need to share driving (manual), and split petty costs. Currently 2 in a ute and need a third...

Getting out there before lunch.

PM me if you're keen.

Cheers

p.s. losing my mind with excitement!!

Wisey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Here is the Parks Vic promo video for Shepherds going through the whole process. Trail is open and ready to be ridden, I rode it yesterday and it has really cured nicely, so much quicker than the June opening and a heap of fun.

Remember, it's a public road, obey all road rules when shuttling and don't drive up and down to fast, we do not want to see unnecessary accidents or unwanted attention drawn to the park.

Enjoy, I hope you like going fast...

[video=youtube;4QVYHs-jS_Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QVYHs-jS_Q[/video]

HimynameisMike

Likes Dirt
Just got home from riding kinglake. All that waiting was worthwhile! Have to say I think I went from being an intermediate rider to beginner, cannot believe how fast that track gets. Cant wait to ride it again though!

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rode Kinglake with a mate today and it was awesome.
It was so windy out there. The car park was like a wind tunnel.

I really liked how fast it is! So nice and smooth, with enough rough and off camber to keep you cautious.
The berms are so good, so fast. But I never felt fast enough to hit the gap jumps, they're big alright.

Words of advice to anyone heading out there.
-Take at least 2 other riders, and shuttle. It's a loong walk up.
-Don't run under 30psi here! And take extra tubes. I forgot to, and sure enough flatted half way down my first run!
Thanks again to Anthony for the tube, and the shuttles. They both helped me do a heap more runs.
The walk back up takes probably 20 minutes!

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
heck yeah, that vid of the track was great, good to see it's completed and hope you guys in vic enjoy it. the more we see riders, councils, news etc getting together and forming awesome solutions to track building the better!!! stoked for you guys!

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
thanks for sharing that link! man that looks so sweet to ride - even if they didnt do the bigger stuff (i wouldn't either)

tommoDH

Likes Bikes
Went there today and I saw that there will be two other tracks being built in the area (an intermediate track and an advanced track.) Do you guys know when they will be built?

James73

Squid
Went out to Kinglake and rode Shepards on Sat. What a sick fucken track! The most fun and the most ive shit myself going so fast. Some big gaps yet to hit but who cares. Big thank-you to World trail, Parks vic and anyone else who were behind the scenes getting this up and going. And even better, timing it while the vic round was on at Maldon. Had it to ourselves for bout half the day. Then only half a dozen or so after. As Arnie would say, "I'll be back!"

Shredden

Knows his goats
Went there today and I saw that there will be two other tracks being built in the area (an intermediate track and an advanced track.) Do you guys know when they will be built?
Also curious about this! With a greater variety of trails (more singletrack stuff and rocks etc) it could easily overtake many of the alpine venues!

Track looks awesome guys by the way, so much fun to ride, just gotta hit that odd uphill kinda jump coming out of the trees mid way down...

Sic

Likes Dirt
I would love to see multiple tracks out there, it would give me a reason to go.

To be honest its a bit too far for me to travel for one track so variety would certainly attract more riders you would think.

Wisey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Over the next couple of years. The second and more advanced DH trail will run down the riders right of Bowden Spur Rd and will have a pretty different feel to Shepherds. There are still a few details that need to be sorted between PV and YYMTB and once this happens the trail building should start not long after.

dunndog

Eats Squid
I would love to see multiple tracks out there, it would give me a reason to go.

To be honest its a bit too far for me to travel for one track so variety would certainly attract more riders you would think.
Really? It's one of the closer tracks to Melbourne, it's sick, it's a real quick and easy shuttle, and many other places of this quality also are one track (maybe 2, but they are well and truly further away and longer turnaround for runs). I reckon it's one of the more accessible and appealing locations. My opinion ofcourse..

Yippee_Ki_YayMF

Likes Dirt
Really? It's one of the closer tracks to Melbourne, it's sick, it's a real quick and easy shuttle, and many other places of this quality also are one track (maybe 2, but they are well and truly further away and longer turnaround for runs). I reckon it's one of the more accessible and appealing locations. My opinion ofcourse..
You're opinion is right though Dunny!

Sic

Likes Dirt
For a DH track you're absolutely right but im more a xc/all mountain rider with delusions of DH so somewhere like the You Yangs is more my cup of tea and its closer.

So yeah the track looks great but I guess somewhere like the You Yangs has more appeal for me due to the closer proximity and variety, which is of course why multiple tracks would appeal to someone like me.