Brake adapter help

sc.

Likes Dirt
Hi all, I just fitted a 203mm icetech rotor to replace the old 180 I had on my front wheel, bought what I thought was the correct adapter, a post to post 203 and it still doesn't give me enough clearance. At the risk of ending up in the fuckwit thread, what am I doing wrong?

Tim_the_Clyde

Likes Dirt
There are posts that are 180 mount these days as well as the original 160 mount.

Do you have 160 mount forks and get a post to post mount for 203 designed for a 180 post mount fork?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sc.

Likes Dirt
There are posts that are 180 mount these days as well as the original 160 mount.

Do you have 160 mount forks and get a post to post mount for 203 designed for a 180 post mount fork?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's a possibility, I'll look into it, cheers mate.

sc.

Likes Dirt
Fuck, it seems I've bought the adapter to go from 180 to 203 when the one I really need is from 160 to 203. @Flow-Rider that thread was very helpful, thank you mate. Back to the LBS in the morning to see if I can get the right one.

Cheers everyone.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
This happens all too often....Fouling is because you definitely bought a 180 to 203 adapter. You need a 160 to 203. I literally just fit one to a Fox 34 Wednesday.
You Have This
View attachment 352151

YOU NEED THIS
View attachment 352152
Ahhh.... Don't forget that single crown forks are not rated for 203mm rotors. You run the risk of chewing out your bushes. This came directly from a mechanic at my LBS so it must be true.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ahhh.... Don't forget that single crown forks are not rated for 203mm rotors. You run the risk of chewing out your bushes. This came directly from a mechanic at my LBS so it must be true.
Wait... What?

I just did the whole 180mm to 203mm with wrong adaptor then right adaptor on two bikes recently....

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Depends on the fork doesn’t it BK?

This from the Fox website:
Maximum brake rotor diameter for all FOX forks except Step Cast 27.5in is 203mm. Step Cast 27.5in forks have a maximum rotor diameter of 180mm.

The RockShox website lists 203mm max for most of the 35mm forks and even the 32mm Sektor is rated for 220mm.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Depends on the fork doesn’t it BK?

This from the Fox website:
Maximum brake rotor diameter for all FOX forks except Step Cast 27.5in is 203mm. Step Cast 27.5in forks have a maximum rotor diameter of 180mm.

The RockShox website lists 203mm max for most of the 35mm forks and even the 32mm Sektor is rated for 220mm.
All single crowns according to said mechanic. My Lyrik definitely wasn't up to 203. Should have asked why the shop had an e-Trance with a 203mm rotor on a Fox 36?