Bright - Hero trail

Rider_of_Bikes

Likes Dirt
The climb on a trail bike (even lond travel) isnt bad. It used to be much worse before the club, a local builder and dirt art put in a climbing trail. UpDJ is a rad climbing trail built by a local builder Bright Trails.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Miguel75

Likes Dirt
The climb on a trail bike (even lond travel) isnt bad. It used to be much worse before the club, a local builder and dirt art put in a climbing trail. UpDJ is a rad climbing trail built by a local builder Bright Trails.

UpDJ is rad, as is Tombstone(?) further along the river. Both involve lots of smooth switchbacks with awesome berms that are great fun to ride. I actually enjoyed the up almost as much as the down... yeahnah:)

Rider_of_Bikes

Likes Dirt
UpDJ is rad, as is Tombstone(?) further along the river. Both involve lots of smooth switchbacks with awesome berms that are great fun to ride. I actually enjoyed the up almost as much as the down... yeahnah:)
UpDJ is only a climbing trail but you can literally rail uphill berms.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Anyone got any cheap accommodation tips for round here? There's 8 of us.

Cheers.
There's a few free campgrounds within 10 minutes of the shuttle pickup location, that is if you want to take your own accommodation.

Bright camping.jpg

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Anyone got any cheap accommodation tips for round here? There's 8 of us.

Cheers.
There's a really cheap camping ground (with cabins) right at the bottom of Mystic Lane, where the trails come out. It's called Bright Backpackers, but don't let the name put you off...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Far out! What a fucking rad trail!!!

Love the start, that's my kind of riding...sprint a pump straight into some BIG jumps, lapped those bad boys for ages. The rest of the trail was pretty amazing too. It's really well built, lots of fun, constant concentration required. I had to skip a couple of the jumps in the middle as I couldn't get the sequence and flow right... And I will need to bring the big balls out. Loved the wood too. A part of me wants more! A bit more whale tail in the whale tail would be sick.

Well done to the guys that brought this beast together. Hopefully there is more to come!

Took my NS. It was spot on.

dunndog

Eats Squid
Far out! What a fucking rad trail!!!

Love the start, that's my kind of riding...sprint a pump straight into some BIG jumps, lapped those bad boys for ages. The rest of the trail was pretty amazing too. It's really well built, lots of fun, constant concentration required. I had to skip a couple of the jumps in the middle as I couldn't get the sequence and flow right... And I will need to bring the big balls out. Loved the wood too. A part of me wants more! A bit more whale tail in the whale tail would be sick.

Well done to the guys that brought this beast together. Hopefully there is more to come!

Took my NS. It was spot on.
Rad! How good is it. Raising the bar that's for sure.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Rad! How good is it. Raising the bar that's for sure.
It was very sick. I hit almost everything on offer and felt there was still plenty of room for improvement by the rider - particularly faster and bigger. A couple of the first jumps are sweet bmx feeling jumps you can trick, I think my neatest effort was merely a flying erection. There was one berm in the lower section I continually rode out of the wrong way onto what looks like an older trail or road. Will definitely be back and am hoping the responsible parties can get another similar trail or at least a few additional lines added to the mix as that would be a strong draw card for longer stays and spending more $$$. I'd also recommend a little dj/ss section in the forest at the bottom. 3 primary lines of table oriented jumped based on skill level and some funky side options would be an easy inclusion without needing to blow massive cash such as a full length trail.

I rode with a friend who doesn't even own a mountain bike (though he is one of those naturally coordinated types that pick things up pretty quickly) and he was able to a really good time on the trail as well - railing the berms, popping the jumps, and pumping through. So it was excellent to see it can cater to a lot of different skill levels.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Heading up to the area for shuttles at falls creek and bright on easter weekend. Super pumped to check it out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Damn! Already booked shuttles and have never ridden hero trail and eager to change that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk