Bright - Hero trail

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Heading to Bright this weekend. I have riden a fair bit of mystic, a few of the black diamond trails were a bit much for my humble skills from memory.. So my questions, Is there any gaps or is it all tables? B lines? Thanks

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Heading to Bright this weekend. I have riden a fair bit of mystic, a few of the black diamond trails were a bit much for my humble skills from memory.. So my questions, Is there any gaps or is it all tables? B lines? Thanks
It is very user friendly. I rode with a friend that doesn't even own a bike and he had a blast. Most jumps are tables, I can't recall any gnarly gaps other than 2 small pieces of North shore timber, some of the a-lines are such that you need to make it or just pump through. It is all round super rad.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rode hero for the first time this long weekend. It is fucking rad. Non stop jump party if you are that way inclined. Otherwise a sweet, super buff run on the b-lines. Some of the berms through the pines are sensational. Some crew were even riding it on reid bikes with plus tyres. It all depends how fast you go and the lines you take. Everything is rollable. Much tamer than the other stuff up the top of mystic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks lads sounds like a great all rounder trail. Is the climbing track easy to find from the trail head map area?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Thanks lads sounds like a great all rounder trail. Is the climbing track easy to find from the trail head map area?
The what now from the where to?

Maybe I missed something when I was there? I didn't see a climbing trail or a map. We winged it to the top in a car, dropped the steep arse stuff from where the fly boys launch then picked up on the hero after a bit of cruising through a very overgrown and leafy dh trail. The start of the hero is easy enough to find though as it runs along side the fire road. After a few laps in the car we got delivered at the top and pushed sections. I didn't see any trail maps on site, but it is easy to navigate and we'll marked. You could punch up the fire road easy enough...someone who has been there more than I likely knows of a climbing route.

There is also the shuttle guys rocking laps if they have space.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Has anybody punched a big hit onto that wall ride near the top yet? I made a few very piss poor efforts at it, was about 1m up and riding the full length after a few shakey arsed fails. I was struggling with balancing the speed and coordination I thought necessary.

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Has anybody punched a big hit onto that wall ride near the top yet? I made a few very piss poor efforts at it, was about 1m up and riding the full length after a few shakey arsed fails. I was struggling with balancing the speed and coordination I thought necessary.
Don't know what you call big, but here's kezza and a couple of others having a red hot go (towards the end of the clip) https://www.instagram.com/p/BRse5a-ABsm/?taken-by=pl0w_king

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Very nice! Old red gloves near the end looked a bit like my first go...I certainly wasn't getting up where the others are popping off. Next time...

And who is the blond?
Haha she's a friend from Canberra we ride with sometimes.. Can shred!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The what now from the where to?

Maybe I missed something when I was there? I didn't see a climbing trail or a map. We winged it to the top in a car, dropped the steep arse stuff from where the fly boys launch then picked up on the hero after a bit of cruising through a very overgrown and leafy dh trail. The start of the hero is easy enough to find though as it runs along side the fire road. After a few laps in the car we got delivered at the top and pushed sections. I didn't see any trail maps on site, but it is easy to navigate and we'll marked. You could punch up the fire road easy enough...someone who has been there more than I likely knows of a climbing route.

There is also the shuttle guys rocking laps if they have space.
On mystic lane near the pump track there was a map when I was there 2 years ago.. i assume it's just up the road to Hero..

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Haha she's a friend from Canberra we ride with sometimes.. Can shred!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
I'm not surprised you kids don't invite her up this way for rides...

On mystic lane near the pump track there was a map when I was there 2 years ago.. i assume it's just up the road to Hero..
I'm no good at directions. We just drove up the hill as though we were going to ride the dh trail and parachute from the top. The hero trail starts near where the road "loops" the peak for access to the top. You'll see the super jumps and the wall ride from the video. You can also go to the up to the top and ride a steep twitchy trail down to the start of hero (identifiable by the 2 small piles of rock on the side of the road) or the dh trails top section. You can also pop out onto some old fire road from the top as well.

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The climibing trail starts just after the beginners trails at the bottom of Mystic lane, on the left hand side. Driving access to Hero is pretty easy, drive up the shuttle road, and where the road forks left to the summit, keep going straight ahead, with Hero trail on your right keep going until you reach the turn around point, it will be fairly obvious when you are there. If you want a bit more ride time theres three trails at the summit, All mountain (starts at the two piles of rocks), World Cup (a bit closer to the launch pad for the paragliders, is sign posted) and Mystic DH (starts on the other side of the launch pad) You can ride All Mountain or World Cup down to the turn around point for Hero. All mountain is a great trail, flows well and isn't too scary if you're on a trail bike or enduro rig(the first section at the top is steeper than a lot of trails people are used to however). World Cup is steep, and needs a bit of commitment, but is super fun when you start finding your lines and get off the brakes.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks guys I look forward to some climbing after eating all the kids easter eggs

Last edited:

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well that was blast, what a cracking trail. Lots of jumps that even a flat earther like me could pop. Hopefully get another chance to hit it up again tomorrow.
The climbing trail shmity decribed is a really nice climb without too many pinches. Was brancing for a slog but it's very confortable apart from the very last switch backs to the start of hero.
Been a fair bit of rain and some of the big dipping berms are slip and slide fun.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Thread hasnt been updated . Rode yesterday which was a bit hot but bearable with shuttles.
Hero trail is very rocky at the top but really good especially lower down into Shred Kelly small jumps , big berms ,great flow but with speed they could be huge, nothing scarey .
If you are a real gun and wearing protective gear , the stuff from the top would be OK but Elevation for me was a bit too much braking and a bouncy slide fest , very loose , rocky and raw.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thread hasnt been updated . Rode yesterday which was a bit hot but bearable with shuttles.
Hero trail is very rocky at the top but really good especially lower down into Shred Kelly small jumps , big berms ,great flow but with speed they could be huge, nothing scarey .
If you are a real gun and wearing protective gear , the stuff from the top would be OK but Elevation for me was a bit too much braking and a bouncy slide fest , very loose , rocky and raw.
I found the same last week. Hero is pretty chopped up but decent tyres and suspension will win there. Once you get into the woods it's all goodness. It was stinking hot for my trip and the flies were in full force. Definitely still love Up DJ / Down DJ.

The jumps lower down on Shred Kelly are well judged too.

Will be sure to hit it up again after Feb so it's cooler there.

Miguel75

Likes Dirt
Yeah Hero is a bit choppy though Shred Kelly is rad top to bottom. Elevation to World Cup is super fun (though dry) Mystic and graveyard were a little dry up top though once in the trees down low there was a little more moisture in places. Tombstone is going well too.

We’re starting around 0630 and riding to 1100ish.