Bright in VIC ?

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So Im keen on heading down to MT Buller at the start of Jan . While Im there I was thinking of ridding with bluedirt and riding Bright and Beauty Jan 9th and 10th . What are the DH trails like at Bright ? . I headed down to Mt Beauty a few years ago with friend but the tracks had severe water damage and were unridable . Also Is the track Narbothong open ? . Id really like to see the DH trails in VIC , every year I have planed to ride in VIC flooding or fire has always canceled out any trip . Ill be leaving the Hilux at home so no easy shuttle car but Ill have a troopy with a tow ball , so if anyones keen or has a trailer or looking for a rider please let me know .

Rider_of_Bikes

Likes Dirt
Stop in at All Terrain Cycles in Bright. We will sort you out with where to ride.
Be sure to trigger my memory by mentioning this post.
Phill

s.dogg

Likes Dirt
If you are after DH trails, i think Bright is much better than Buller. Steep and loose. Mt beauty is also really good. Ive used blue dirt in the past and they will show you everything you need. Really good shuttles.

jarrod839

Banned
+1 for the blue dirt guys,excellent shuttles.
Bright and mt beauty are excellent tracks steep and gnarly.
Narby is currently closed till further notice but granton is running and its only 10mins up the road from narby. And if your down that way there are shuttles running at kinglake most weekends. Juan from downhill express shuttles runs the service there and its a awesome day and top service from juan. Kinglake is steep and fast and loose with some small tech sections.

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
is there any company doing mid week shuttles at Kings lake at the start of January

cicot

Likes Dirt
Stop in at All Terrain Cycles in Bright. We will sort you out with where to ride.
Be sure to trigger my memory by mentioning this post.
Phill
Well I was there last week, and all info I got about trails in the area Bright and Beauty was a map for the Mystic park.

jarrod839

Banned
is there any company doing mid week shuttles at Kings lake at the start of January
If the weather is good juan runs shuttles on a Wednesday night from 5pm till last light. Can check out the downhill express shuttles Facebook page or in the watering hole section on here.

stoo

Likes Dirt
When I dropped in to the shop they wouldn't tell me where the Bright tracks were. We found a bloke walking up Mystic Lane on his way to work on the tracks , he filled us in. Bloody bonza tracks up there, well done peeps.

Rider_of_Bikes

Likes Dirt
Well I was there last week, and all info I got about trails in the area Bright and Beauty was a map for the Mystic park.
Hmmm we do our best to offer a suggested route to whomever says they are headed out for a ride.
Sorry if we missed you.

Last edited:

Rider_of_Bikes

Likes Dirt
When I dropped in to the shop they wouldn't tell me where the Bright tracks were. We found a bloke walking up Mystic Lane on his way to work on the tracks , he filled us in. Bloody bonza tracks up there, well done peeps.
This seems odd too. Im sorry if it was the case. We do try to offer a suggested route and as much knowledge as we can to people visiting. Im glad you enjoyed the trails though.

Anthony B

Likes Dirt
Another +1 for the blue dirt guys was down there a couple of months back with a group of mates, mystic can be a very vengeful trail if you don't respect it.

1 bit of advice make sure you have fresh brake pads you will need them

stoo

Likes Dirt
This seems odd too. Im sorry if it was the case. We do try to offer a suggested route and as much knowledge as we can to people visiting. Im glad you enjoyed the trails though.
That was last Christmas-ish and the reason given was that the trails weren't fully legal yet.
We'll drop past another time and pick up a map....
Thanks cobber.

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks homies for all the replies . Looks like Bright is a must do . Ill be in VIC around the 7th till the 11/12th of Jan , start at Thredbo and or Buller then head to Bright and Beauty .

JoshB

Squid
Anyone know where I can get a GPX file of the 24 Carat Loop in Bright (or other tracks whilst at it)?

Getting a Garmin 810 for Xmas and would like to try this out when I am down there