Bright road trip Pit Stop ideas

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Looking to hit up Bright for a couple of days next leave but seeing as it's just over a 5 hour drive I'm looking to break the journey up with a fun short loop or two that aren't too far out of the way.

We'll be heading up from Phillip Island so probably driving past Kinglake / Healesville. I know Black Spur's known for it's shuttle runs, is there much in the way of loops up there?

linkl8r

Likes Dirt
Looking to hit up Bright for a couple of days next leave but seeing as it's just over a 5 hour drive I'm looking to break the journey up with a fun short loop or two that aren't too far out of the way.

We'll be heading up from Phillip Island so probably driving past Kinglake / Healesville. I know Black Spur's known for it's shuttle runs, is there much in the way of loops up there?
Maybe take a look at Buxton.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Z

Zaf

Beechworth?
Guessing if you're that close to Bright, you just go to Bright. But Beechworth does have the bakery and brewery.

Switch

huskier headed gent
Just get in the car and punch it straight up the Hume hwy. You are spoilt for choice once you arrive, Bright, Beechworth, Falls Creek, Yackandandah, even Dinner Plain for something really mellow but nice up in the high country on your way back to Phillip Island the long way.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Just get in the car and punch it straight up the Hume hwy. You are spoilt for choice once you arrive, Bright, Beechworth, Falls Creek, Yackandandah, even Dinner Plain for something really mellow but nice up in the high country on your way back to Phillip Island the long way.
If I punch it then I'll probably get 3 or 4 hours riding before I'm buggered. If I split the journey I can squeeze an extra hour or two in the middle.

Buxton sounds like a goer. Are the trails easy enough to find?

hilo

Likes Bikes
Maybe take a look at Buxton.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Yup up through Black Spur, through Narbethong and to Buxton--MTB park is at Dye's Lane just past the petrol station (left turn or . . . West, I believe).

(What is it, maybe 15 minutes from the top of Black Spur to Buxton)

Love Buxton . . . .

Lake Mountain also has something, but Buxton is really on the way if you are going that way.

Also, to make the drive more interesting, I always take the back way to and from Bright and take the Mansfield-Whitfield Rd and then cut across from Whitfield through Cheshunt and onto Rose River Rd (dirt road).

Absolutely beautiful and you can stop at a some rivers etc.

I find the Hume a BORING drive.