brisbane club or crew?

clockworked

Like an orange
I've moved up for work and keen to get out riding. I'm at enoggera, I mainly trail ride, but I'm keen to get back into DH. I've been going to gap creek and occasionally jinka track.

2 questions: 1. are any clubs here worth joining? I don't care too much about racing, I'm more keen to learn of new tracks to ride.

2. does anyone need a +1 for their crew?

i_s

Likes Bikes
I've been riding bne for 20 years +... Looked into clubs a few times over that period but not seriously. I'm not sure clubs have much more trail access than the public (ie private land) unless you want to go DH racing. There is plenty if public trail around.

Try driving down to daisy hill, or mt Joyce makes a good day out and they have a shuttle service there sometimes. We find ourselves riding at ironbark gully heaps just because it's handy and not crowded.

That said, I'd be interested to hear others opinions on Brisbane clubs.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
G'Day,
I'm on the XC side of things so not much help with the DH groups/clubs.
I'm a member of the D'Aguilar Range Cycle Club (DRCC) which, to be honest, are virtually non-existent in terms of club rides. They do seem to run more DH events at Beerburrum etc.
For Bunya (Jinker) the most active social club seems to be North Brisbane Dirt Dogs.

The other more active social club seems to be Brisbane South MTB Club but they are (obviously) on the south side and mostly hold their rides at Daisy Hill and Cornubia.

Most of the other clubs around seem to be fairly quiet.

Maybe get out for a shuttle day at Beerburrum, Mt Joyce, Clear Mtn etc. with Brisbane Mountainbike Shuttles as a way to meet people on the DH side of things:

http://brisbanemtbshuttles.com/index.html
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Brisbane-Mountainbike-Shuttles/429293097160812

Cheers

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Dragging up a super old thread. Hoping to squeeze in a little ride tomorrow afternoon in Brisbane. Just have the XC bike with me, are there new places nearish town other than ye olde Gap Creek and Daisy Hill that are worth a look? Haven't ridden in Bris for 10 years.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Dragging up a super old thread. Hoping to squeeze in a little ride tomorrow afternoon in Brisbane. Just have the XC bike with me, are there new places nearish town other than ye olde Gap Creek and Daisy Hill that are worth a look? Haven't ridden in Bris for 10 years.
Ironbark Gully has been developed a lot in that time. Are you riding from the CBD or do you have a car?

Flow-Rider

Burner
There are a few new trails opened up at daisy hill and it's just off the highway, one of them a jump trail that isn't too bad.