Brisbane Skateparks

i like dirt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
OK, for a mate's birthday his dad his hiring out a mini van and a trailer so he can take a few mates to hit up some skate parks around Brisbane for the day. I was one of the lucky people invited, but we have no idea of many Brissie parks. We will definitely be hitting up Beeno because we've heard alot of good stuff about it. We've heard of other parks like Kuraby and Browns Plains but don't know if they're any good??

So just asking for what you think are the best skateparks in the Brissie area.

all help greatly appreciated :)

Last edited:

derelikt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
All the good parks are in derro as areas. But there is Beenas(Good), Kuraby(Good), Jindalee(Alright), Fairfeild(In between), Crestmead(sp?)(?????Derro), Paddo(Sweeet), Woodridge(Be careful)(Good but Derro), Stafford(Alright), Toombul(I think)(?????), Lota(Not bad), Redcliffe(?????). Plenty more, But theres a few options for you.

Last edited:

thompo

Likes Dirt
i heard lota was skater town. not many mtbers or bmxer's go there because its designed around skateboarding.

is it true?

Ryan

Radministrator
Beenleigh is essentially rubbish if you like parks that flow and that have lines you can link up. It has a big spine, a big box jump and a big wallride all in a row, plus a huge mini ramp but nothing flows together.

Good parks that are all on the south side and within 45-ish minutes of each other are; Crestmead, Browns Plains, Woodridge, Kuraby, Shailer Park, Inala (i-gnarla), Hibiscus (paid entry and bikes only on certain days) and Springfield.

Note that in Brisbane there is a local ordinance that states that the more awesome a park is, the dodgier it's location must be. Therefore Crestmead and Inala are both the sickest parks going and situated deepest in the ghetto.

slip

Beefcake...BEEFCAKE!!!
Toombul isn't the best. Not much there, but there is some fun to be had. Small, good for some little tech stuff, but a good rider would probably get bored fairly quickly.

Lots of broken glass in the grass.

Where's Hibiscus Ryan?

beaty

Likes Dirt
Yeh just had a gander through there. Kuraby and Inala look sweet.

what park do you think has the best flow? and what days is the hibiscus open to bicycles?
mate serisously..dont go to inala ok..no offence to the area but its a lil tooooo rough and im not talking about the skatepark..im talking about the area. but definetly hit up beno kuraby and brownys. them bowls are by far the best in the area. Also kimberly park is pretty good. :D also creastmeade and woodridge are pretty fun parks. lots of flow...but ofcourse you have always got the risk of getting bashed and robber haha i know because i use to ride a bit a creastmeade and almost all the riders there had stolen bikes.. oh well cheers

Last edited:

nickhagee

Likes Dirt
springfield has a pretty sweet park.
has a bowl, halfpipe, step up/down, tabletop, box, quarter, miniramp, 4 hips, spine, transfer and flows pretty well

D

Deleted member FN2187

mate serisously..dont go to inala ok..no offence to the area but its a lil tooooo rough and im not talking about the skatepark..im talking about the area.
Coming from someone who lives in logan :p

I-Gnarla (Inala) as ryan puts it, is definately worth a look. it has the only capsule in S-E QLD. and some pretty mega bowls!!!

j-rad

Likes Dirt
ryan thats huge

ok so parks that are sick

beenus, kuraby, browns plains, albany creek and moreyfeild

if your want the best park ever hit up coloundra its sick as

p.s. paddo is a shithole everything there is tiny