brissy urban thrash

blacky

Likes Dirt
tuesday 15th
meet at the regatta ferry termanel 6.30 pm

urban thrash,doesn't matter what you ride,just get out there.
no lights needed

blackdog

Ty

Eats Squid
blacky i'll be keen to come out and show you guys some of our local urban stuff, you guys going to be on hardtails or your big bikes? theres some sweet stair gapping action to be had.

blacky

Likes Dirt
going to be on my norco h/t ,stair gaps sound good,i am going to run about 50lbs in me tyres.

thats cool if you can show us some stuff,mark and r,r now some spots aswell.

Ty

Eats Squid
myself, dom and ryan pretty much urban one a week in brissy so we know most of the spots to gap and ride, so far we have 3 sweet stair gaps, 9 stair-1.5 meter-9 stair @QUT, 6 stair-1 meter-6 stair @ south bank, and "dom gap" crazy angle 6 stair 2 meter 13ish stair @ roma street. plus heaps of good bunny-2-maunal, drop to flat spots etc etc

if some one will carry my DV camera i'll be happy to shoot video, i wanna film someone doing the roma toilets to tranny gap/drop, honest 13/14 feet to short tranny, i better stop talking about all the brissy urban before we give all our hard learned secrects away.

Roadie Rob

Likes Dirt
I'm going to bring my Digital video should get some good footage for the video night which by the way is probable going to change to this Sat

mrbernie

Likes Bikes
Hey all... :wink:

Bit of a forum lurker here - but am very keen to join up for the ride tomorrow evening :) Will be bring a mate along.

Look out for 2 DMR's - one dark red, one yellow - and two idiots :lol:

Should be interesting meeting some new peeps :)

Cheers,
Bernie

SquarkyD

Likes Dirt
aww shit i cant believe it! if only i registered one day earlier i would have been there :D

how was it? basically i'm an ex downhill & bmx rider/racer who dabbled in trials until i busted my knee :( but i'm lookin to start riding again so any meets i'm keen to be in on :)

Sandman1

Likes Bikes
I've been reading the forums for a while, but have never bothered to post, so here goes :)
I posted on mtb.dknx that I couldn't make it last night because I had to go to school today, etc..
Anyone want to do another one again sometime, like, perhaps early next week?
Just an idea..
Also, SquarkyD, you the guy from qgl?

mrbernie

Likes Bikes
Well, I must say - it was damn FUN :) Rather large group of us which made things more interesting - won't forget those wonderful security guards at Roma St (hahahaah, god damn that was funny :p)

Anyways, I'm up for it again anytime!

Cheers,
Bernie
-----
DMR Trailstar

Ty

Eats Squid
yeah it was bloody good, i steped up and did so much stuff i wouldn't of done by my self ( 12 stair- 1.5 meter flat - ;landing on the next 12 stair on a hardtail) it was so good learning new lines, i thought myself dom and ryan had explored most of the stuff in brissy.
mr bernie what bike were you on?

mrbernie

Likes Bikes
Ty - I was on a Red DMR (old school marzocchi forks, etc)... I was there with a friend on Yellow DMR... (with Shiver SC's)...

:p

Ty

Eats Squid
ahh yes i had a go of ya mates DMR with the shivers over a South bank (i really wanted to know if they flexed as much as people say... they didn't) i was on the blue hardtail (with no name on the down tube) trying to be a guide of sorts, some people really busted some crazy lines, dans 14ish foot off a roof to tranny on a hardtail with 80 mm blacks was insane, i gotta hit that up next time we go out.

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
get any of this on camera?

remember... sarah is after some ubran riders for some footage downunder...

mrbernie

Likes Bikes
Lol that toilet block is slightly out of my league... well... so my brain tells me :shock:

Definetly gotta try that stair gapping (with landing on the next set of stairs....)... Last time I did that I split my rim in two..

Ty

Eats Squid
it's all on Digital Video pana, one of our mates Rob (Roadie Rob) filmed most the nites antics, it was pretty dark so we'll be lucky if anything it is worth viewing. theres talk of a making up a DVD if all the local camera-people (mmm PC) join forces and decide to show off some of the local talent, you'll be sure to hear about it here first (as i'll probably have something to do with the editing).
as for photos, my pentax which is tha shit for crisp day time action shots of people going large sucks serious balls for nite shots, we can't turn off the crap double flash for red eye reduction so it makes the timing really hard, and unless we get outselfs a dedicated photographer i'm not taking my Canon SLR into the city in my camelback.