brissy urban thrash

SquarkyD

Likes Dirt
i'd be up for taking some photos, its been 2 years since i rode seriously so i'll be way outta touch, but i'd rather share it with someone else so i can still have a bit of a ride :)

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
wow - i'm only a newb, i'd feel so newbish going for a ride with you hardcores. you guys would be like "yeah just gap this 500foot stair launch thingo and do a manual down a rail." and i'll be like "yeh ok... i'll just practice bunny hopping"
If any newbs are up for an urban ride, or if any supportive hardcore riders wanna urban again then tell me about it.. send us an email or something

Sandman1

Likes Bikes
Peachy, I certainly don't think that these guys would mind too much at all about your skills, or there lack of :p hehe
I'd just come along and have a good time, get to know people, and generally just have fun :D
I've never been riding with these guys either, and I certainly know that my skills aren't all that flash either, but I'm just going along to see what I can do, and to meet some other mountain bikers :)

blacky

Likes Dirt
were not about how good or bad you are at riding,every one gets out of it what you put in,the other night every one had a rad time,go as hard as you want,i normaly only d/h on a dual,so i wanted to ride urban on a hard tail to learn new skills,and i have never stair gap shit that big on a hard tail,it was wicked fun.ty had some sweet spots to ride

mrbernie

Likes Bikes
I should be in for Monday.. depends what time of day, etc :)

As soon as any more details arise I should know! :lol:

Cheers,
Bernie

Doogs

Likes Bikes
who cares how you ride, what you ride. if you come on a ride with better people. you will be holey fark, and be inspired. seeing people do stuff puts what you do into perspective.

i had a rad time, althou i am cut that i pussied out of the dunny drop. so next time, let's see.

monday night may not be good for a few of us.... already got a mtb related plan.

SquarkyD

Likes Dirt
well if any of the 'leaders' of the pack wanna pencil in for monday night at say 7:30? same meeting place etc, hows even if we only get a small group it will still be madz :D

Sandman1

Likes Bikes
7:30 hey..
hmm, reckon we could start a bit earlier? Just an idea..
also, what time did you guys wrap it up last time? (My parents are a bit worried about me being out at night, especially on a bike :p)
One last question, is there a train station near the starting destination. That is my only means of transport.. *sigh*

SquarkyD

Likes Dirt
alrite 6:30 (i thought the last was 7:30 when it wasnt, my bad) anyway, i'll leave it to soem of the local knowledgeable guys to decide what happens.

Ty

Eats Squid
give me a bit of time and i'll draw up a quick map of some of the best city urban locations, i'll do it tomorrow or the weekend.

Ty

Eats Squid
ok i made a quick map just then, it should get you started, theres heaps of other stuff around the city, like good places to bunny-manual-nosebonk etc but these are some of the cooler (bigger) lines around brisbane. where i've listed 6stair-1m-6stair it means your launching off the top of 6 stairs, gaping the 1 meter flat and landing somewhere on the next 6, some of these are pretty big, others are small with but steep, have a look around, i'm sure you'll find heaps of good stuff, good luck.

*it's 1.5 m flat not 5 m as it looks like there, i need to get corel draw or adobe indesign again.

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
Sandman - The closest train station is toowong. its only down the road so no worries about getting back and forth.
So 6:30 at the regatta ferry thingo...... sweet - i'll see u guys there, if no one shows up i'll do a loser ride :p

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
i'll be there

Hey i will be there this afternoon at 630 - near the ferry terminal. i will be riding a trek bruiser2, and u won't miss me i'm a chubby aussie :p
People's please turn up i don't wanna do a loser urban ride :)