AM British Steel

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Still gaga over it. So smooth and quiet for it’s travel. Raced it a few weeks back. Probably my best result in years.

View attachment 393358

Yeah, it’s pretty cool stuff they do. Classy, not flashy.
I thought you were banned from posting racy photos! :p (Great shot though, there’s clearly life in the ol’ moorebags yet!)

Glad it worked out as hoped anyway, possibly better than expected even given you were trying your best to keep a lid on your expectations prior to delivery. For no reason other than an unfounded assumption, I am surprised it’s a quiet bike to be honest - but definitely glad to (not) hear it! How’s it go for pedally stuff?

moorey

call me Mia
I thought you were banned from posting racy photos! :p (Great shot though, there’s clearly life in the ol’ moorebags yet!)

Glad it worked out as hoped anyway, possibly better than expected even given you were trying your best to keep a lid on your expectations prior to delivery. For no reason other than an unfounded assumption, I am surprised it’s a quiet bike to be honest - but definitely glad to (not) hear it! How’s it go for pedally stuff?
I hear you.
Don’t know what to put it down to.Same with both air and coil shock. Felix had a quick fang and came back blown away by how quiet and smooth it felt. They only thing I can attribute it to is steel…and the VHS slapper tape doing a killer job.
Pedals well enough. No DC bike but no slouch. Pedals better than it’s weight would suggest. Pointing it down is where it’s most at home. I can’t do it justice, but on the rare occasions I really push it fully finds it’s feet.

dazz

Downhill Dazz
Is the Crafty gathering dust now or spread your saddle time between both? What's the biggest difference you've noticed going from one to the other?

moorey

call me Mia
Is the Crafty gathering dust now or spread your saddle time between both? What's the biggest difference you've noticed going from one to the other?
Chalk and cheese. DH spec’d enduro bike V enduro capable trail bike.
Crafty is a plough. I can ride it all day on the trails, but set it up for DH racing and the rougher Enduro rounds.
Stanton is a daily rider that can handle rough stuff really well, but not what I built it for. When I say it’s smooth, it’s still only 140mm, but it doesn’t have the trail chatter of my other 140’s, and really smooths out the small to mid size hits.
Crafty is ridden regularly, and will most likely be going to the GE Nationals next weekend.

There’s soon going to be another competitor in the quiver for the Crafty….and the Stanton…:cool: