ACT Found Broken Derailleur preferably DH

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Item: Derailleur to use to make a chain tensioner. Prefer something short like a Zee. Need the cage and jockey wheels primarily also the spring from inside would be good
Price range/Willing to Pay: As low as possible as it's really 50 50 if Im going to get this to work
Extra Info:

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Item: Derailleur to use to make a chain tensioner. Prefer something short like a Zee. Need the cage and jockey wheels primarily also the spring from inside would be good
Price range/Willing to Pay: As low as possible as it's really 50 50 if Im going to get this to work
Extra Info:
Maybe a roadie derailleur?

Is there a reason specifically for derailleur instead of a tensioner?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Maybe a roadie derailleur?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
I guess a tensioner would work if it had two jockey wheels. Roadie derailleur would be good I'm just trying to keep the length of the cage down.

andrew9

Likes Dirt
my favorite tensioner was a Zee mech, good tension, nice and short with a clutch you can turn on/off, think i used a longer limit screw and a tiny offcut of cable to lock it up
You can't run fat chains, but I think i used a 7 speed chain, but other than that, they're perfect.

I have one of those, don't rate it really, it works but it's got low tension and I got noisy chainslap, you can wind the spring tighter but it makes no difference, I remember getting frustrated with it a few times.
I've read the Shimmy Alfine tensioners are really good, CT500 version i think? haven't used one. only $30

I haven't used one in a while though, my only singlespeed now has adjustable dropouts so no tensioner needed

Litenbror

Eats Squid
my favorite tensioner was a Zee mech, good tension, nice and short with a clutch you can turn on/off, think i used a longer limit screw and a tiny offcut of cable to lock it up
You can't run fat chains, but I think i used a 7 speed chain, but other than that, they're perfect.

I have one of those, don't rate it really, it works but it's got low tension and I got noisy chainslap, you can wind the spring tighter but it makes no difference, I remember getting frustrated with it a few times.
I've read the Shimmy Alfine tensioners are really good, CT500 version i think? haven't used one. only $30

I haven't used one in a while though, my only singlespeed now has adjustable dropouts so no tensioner needed
So far the Zee has been a great tensioner but want to put it on the commuter so looking for something else. After seeing the pinion tensioners I really like the idea of managing the chain tension off the front ring especially.

discofrank

Likes Dirt
@fastrider gus and @discofrank your pretty familiar with Zerode bikes if I remember correctly. Would one of these tensioner work on a regular dual sus bike with ISCG mounts?

no idea to be honest ! i know the zerode/ pinion tensioner mounts directly to the gearbox , with like a half moon bracket , unlikely it would fit anything else ,