Bronson owners only selling the frame??

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
What's the go with Santa Cruz Bronson owner only selling the frames?? I've seen so many ads and 90% of the time they only sell the frame. I know you can buy it as frame only but a lot have the photo of a full bike. Doesn't happen much with other brands.

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Most people will be upgrading to the new bronson, nearly every part you can change over so they just keep their parts and sell the frame

creaky

XMAS Plumper
As above with the Bronson I'd say.

With higher end bikes such as the Bronson, people and more likely to build up from a frame with parts that they spec and then want to keep the parts that they selected. This is obviously different for lower end builds or 'pre-specced' bikes.

What I have noticed is the number of Lapierre bikes/frames that seem to be sold as "new frame (warranty replacement)" ... wouldn't exactly fill me with confidence.

thatsnotme

Likes Dirt
Not hard to see why you'd do it this way either. Just a real quick look at some frame only prices, vs frame plus a build kit, shows that on an XT type spec level, you can save close to $1,000 buying the parts and building it up yourself. Lots of variables in there of course, but if you were to buy as close to like for like as you could, you're going to save a lot of money doing it yourself.

One area where bikes like this are very different to the big names is no proprietary parts, so everything apart from the frame itself is made by a 3rd party. So why wouldn't you build it up yourself, either to tailor everything to what you like, or just save some money.

sundy

Likes Dirt
I'm thinking of buying the 2016 Bronson as frame only, but I'm clueless about 148x12 Boost.
Does that mean I won't be able to use the 142x12 wheel from my current bike? I only bought that LB wheelset a couple of months ago.

teK--

Eats Squid
Hope hubs. Not worth savin a couple of hundred on Novatec for way worse quality and after sales service.