Brooklyn Racelink in Orgasmic Orange! NEW PICS

benwilson1

Likes Dirt
It will definitely be a learning experience for me.

The weight of the bike isn't too bad. The wheelbase is what's gunna fuck me up. Its about an inch or two longer, so its not the easiest thing to lift the front end.

And yeh kegs is a ledgend. Everyone else didn't wanna touch the rear shock, but he said he will give it a go. I nearly died when he said he put 260psi of nitrogen in it though. But all good. Found out the shock can take up to 275

Matt- D8

Likes Dirt
Hey Benno, loving the racelink, bring it down to tarrawanna this weekend if your not doing anything, we can catch up and you can test that baby out.

Kudos on the build you have done extremely well.

Cheers Mate

mick1224

Likes Bikes
Man that thing is Farkin AWESOME!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Probably dumb question but what does the rod attached the rear caliper do?
Looks like it is designed to keep the caliper at a constant angle dispite the degree of compression on the rear end ?

benwilson1

Likes Dirt
Man that thing is Farkin AWESOME!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Probably dumb question but what does the rod attached the rear caliper do?
Looks like it is designed to keep the caliper at a constant angle dispite the degree of compression on the rear end ?
It a floating brake setup. A few bikes out there use them. Its designed to stop brake jack. Im not entirely sure how it all works. But it stops the rear suspension locking out while ur breaking heavily. Single pivot bikes are especially prone to this.

And all up. My build has cost me just under $6000. But im not finished yet.
Still need stickers, new seatpost, pedals, new sprockets, etc etc....as everyone knows....its never ending!

blakie49

Likes Dirt
Thats teh shiznit! I Dont fully understand how the whole unique drivetrain layout works. With a setup like that i was expecting a gearbox, but it still has a derailer:confused::confused::confused: Someone please explain?

ruskoo

Likes Dirt
Thats teh shiznit! I Dont fully understand how the whole unique drivetrain layout works. With a setup like that i was expecting a gearbox, but it still has a derailer:confused::confused::confused: Someone please explain?
Its not a gearbox, just read the quotes below.

I'll take a stab at answering that. I think it's because there is such a high pivot point. when you have a high pivot there's a lot of chain growth so to get rid of chain growth you run the chain from the pivot? same kind of thing for say a cowan ds so there is no chain growth the suspension pivots around the BB. I think thats it :eek::confused:
Close. It stops chain growth. There's none whatsoever. But also stop pedal bob. The cog at the top runs through the pivot, isolating pedal induced feedback in the suspension....

benwilson1

Likes Dirt
How do you tighten the (shorter) chain from the BB to the main pivot, eccentric BB?
Nice bike :)
yeh it runs an eccentric BB...although to fine tune it it changes the bb height, but seeing at the the sprocket is small its no big issue..

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Seriously can i take it for a ride ? . Id love to take it for a spin .
Hot bike man !!!

benwilson1

Likes Dirt
I usually post in the illawarra ride thread when I have days off. Haven't done so in a while cause I didn't have a bike, or the weather has been shithouse.

Gettin a new spring this week. Just waiting for it to arrive so should be all set when I get some time off work.

At the moment im trying to rig up a fender for the rear. Not as easy as I thoought. I have had to cut bits out for the brake arm and chain guide so it will fit. Won't be able to mount it til I get a new tyre. The kenda 2.5 is way to big. I have less than a mm of clearance from centre of tyre to the swingarm

Hardrock_rider_23

Likes Dirt
Awesome bike mate, looks the shizz, one quick question though.
what is the small canister type thing sitting on the downtube, i cant seem to work it out, almost looks like some kind of a booster to the hydros, am i right?

benwilson1

Likes Dirt
Its the piggy back resivior(sp?) for the rear shock. Its remotely attached by a steel braided line. If you notice its twice the size of say a dhx. Twice the oil volume equals less fade. It also runs nitrogen instead of normal air. At the moment im running 260psi.

The avy shock has preload, high and low speed compression and rebound settings.....