Brose motors

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Aahhh Italy....the China of Europe!....points for trying, not not big on reliability!
Entire wiring looms in one colour wire insulation, with wire numbers inside plastic dodads with text in pt 6. “Fuck you, we’ve been here all week making this machine, you can be here all week fixing it”

Worst was variations, some machines were up to revision 16.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Entire wiring looms in one colour wire insulation, with wire numbers inside plastic dodads with text in pt 6. “Fuck you, we’ve been here all week making this machine, you can be here all week fixing it”

Worst was variations, some machines were up to revision 16.
German stuff is made like that, they have number tags on black wiring.

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have a Bosch - previous generation - it’s a bit noisey .
i rate them over the others , in my experience -over 5500 km of hauling my fat arse all up n down , through creeks and Mud , dry days of dust ……
Still goes like a champion !
The newer Bosch 4 - I think are rated at 85 nm - but reliably - still a bit noisey in operation - they ‘whirr’

I would love a Specialized - but there is zero reliability - my opinion only .
Will Await the next tear down !

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Got the coil out of the second, damaged motor.
The rotor has scuffed the windings iron core as it’s tangled up in its broken belt, snapped the tensioner and it’s damaged the housing between motor and planetary gb. 3mm thick casting from what I can see. Probably a shagged housing.

Now to pull the rotor off the shaft.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
My 2020 Levo went thru 3 motors in 12 months (along with a few other things). They couldn’t replace them quick enough at the shop…best warranty experience ever. It got sold with that tagline ‘new motor’.
I was trawling FB groups last night and came across a bloke selling one, his description went along the lines " motor has an excellent reputation and renowned for being bulletproof" nearly spat my wine out.

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You couldn’t make this shit up if you tried

Gasket sealing 101. Paper gaskets love zero clamping force from bolt hole shoulders being missing.

Nothing some Sika 252 won't fix. Provided you never want to open it again!
Wow, I can't believe what a pos this thing is. Thanks for taking the time to document the process.

moorey

call me Mia
I was trawling FB groups last night and came across a bloke selling one, his description went along the lines " motor has an excellent reputation and renowned for being bulletproof" nearly spat my wine out.
I’m assuming he tried to shoot it to put it out of its misery, and missed.