XC Budget HT outcome.

moorey

call me Mia
If you missed my recent WTB for a solid HT for under $600 recently, or if you didn’t, don’t fret, its well sorted.
Some incredible generously from Rohan H gave me the base...he used to be on here...was a mechanic for Tekin suspension back before they went under. Can’t remember his user name. Top bloke indeed.
Bike is for a mate of Felix’s. Not really a rider, but wants to ride around in the bush with his dog. Been riding a 24” Target bike he got for his 9th birthday 5 years ago. Asked me to find him a bike with the $600 he’s saved up after Felix told him not to buy another cheap new bike.
Hold my beer
Frame. Giant boulder, M 26.
Fork. Sid World Cup
Wheels. DT xm1800. (Sorry not sorry @Haakon
Tyres. Crossmark.
Cranks. Alivio.
Chainring. 30t wolftooth NW
Shifter. 10x XT
Derailleur. Zee.
Cassette. 11-36 xt
Brakes. Shimano something. Sub deore. Not junk though.
Bars. 660mm Giant.
Stem. 50mm RF atlas.
Seat. Spesh phenom gel.
Pedals. eBay faves with new longer pins.

Total cost to the young fella: $150. (Would have been $100. Was happy to donate my parts, but mum insisted on paying something for my time and work. I’ll get them back with upgrades and maintenance)
26aintdeadorexpensive

FML on sideways pics.

Last edited:

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I bet he will so pleased. Way better than a new kmart bike, and for less $$ too!
And well done to you, continually encouraging everyone around you to ride MTB and on decent bikes no less.
Btw Rohan was the owner of Tekin previous to Brad taking over, and whatever happened after that. I think he is Merc Blue on here, not positive on that though

moorey

call me Mia
Looks great @moorey Best $150 he will ever spend and you have a big heart to get it all together for him.

You know he is probably going to out ride you on that one too :)
He’s not that sort of kid. He’ll ride with his dog, and with Felix when he stays over.

Also, outriding me is a low bar.

Brow

Big Block
Legends everywhere helping in the MTB, especially @moorey. I think I might have to short list him for my next bike (sometime way in the future) he is by far the best deal going ;). Putting smiles on dials and by the sounds of it his too.
Well done.