Budget Smartwatch - what should I buy

nathanm

Eats Squid
Thinking of buying a budget smartwatch but I'm not very tech savvy. Do any of the sub $200 ones have features useful for cycling such as speed/gps tracking, upload to strava or similar and maybe even weather stuffs like barometer etc? Currently use a Samsung phone (S 8/9 I think?)

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
I bought a Fitbit ionic, off FB unwanted present saved heaps, has paywave & links Strava with hr, also water resistant, good battery life when not deciding, iwatch real poor battery life

ausdb

Being who he is
Almost a gravedig but on topic, Mr 11 is wanting a "Fitbit" for Christmas, is anyone using a Versa 3? Considering it will possibly get lost or broken they dont seem bad for $199 on special for HR and GPS and he can mess around with watch faces and stuff.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
For not much more you can get a Garmin forerunner from Amazon.

What about the GPS kids watches with the tracking and call home functionality?

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

ausdb

Being who he is
Mr11 ended up buying a versa 3 with money he got for Christmas, his mates have fitbits and he couldn't be convinced of anything else. They are a bit of a pain in the arse to setup for a kid as their kids /family ecosystem doesn't allow you to add the versa series for kids. Solution fake age for his own account. Music playback on its own is a bit of a dud.