Bug photos.

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Just wondering if anyone else takes photos of weird,trippy bugs or knows anything about them. These are just some of the weird ones I've taken photos of since I got my digi cam.
Sorry about the linking,I think it's the easiest way to show them now.
http://forums.farkin.net/photo/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=2512
I'm not sure what the little bugs with the sheild like backs were doing,if it was an orgy or a feast,there where double that amount in the pile before I disturbed them,Not sure if they were eating something but they where in that pile for a few days in differant spots then I didn't lookfor them.

Last edited:

Arete

Likes Dirt
The 1st and 3rd pic are of true bugs (hemiptera), and look to be leaf sap eating ones.
The second pic, I'm not enough of a bug geek to ID them, but it looks sort of like pittosporum fruit they're eating... might be a clue to ID'ing them...

No Skid Marks

Ha ha, I edited out my first comment about people talking about squashed bugs because they had a bug sized weener. should have left it but then you would of had no purpose LOL.(the LOL makes it ok,I'm laughing with you at you).

shauno

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not sure, but just guessing..That middle one could be some stink bugs.
We get millions of the cunts on our lemon tree. Look pretty much the same as them (body shape wise)

Rik

logged out
Macro shots of insects are awesome, it's something I enjoy doing when I come accross something interesting...

See my gallery for bigger versions of the above :)

I have heaps more, but they're all unsorted and unedited... will have to find them one day.

No Skid Marks

That's the most comon type of bettle I believe,with the largest variety,name slips my mind right now though.Weavel? No it's a something bettle.

Rik

logged out
Dude I was pretty pissed off about that, really wanted nachos and was half way through making it when I found this. Only 5 leaves were useable out of the whole head, greedy little bastard :mad:

tu plang

knob
Dude I was pretty pissed off about that, really wanted nachos and was half way through making it when I found this. Only 5 leaves were useable out of the whole head, greedy little bastard :mad:
ah man dont get me started. just started a new job up in rocky. get up at 4:30 to get a company bus out to the plant at 6:30 etc. Basically i was being conservative with the early start so i had plenty of time - the plant is 20km out of town so if you miss the bus you are farked.

the way i found out no one eats the wheatbix where im living is by the weavels that floated to the top of the milk, they were tiny and you couldnt see them on the bix themselves, possibly inside. worst part was i discovered this yesterday when i had dialled my morning enough to sleep till 5, so i was a little more alert, but yeah... had been eating them all week.

covert wolf

Likes Dirt
the way i found out no one eats the wheatbix where im living is by the weavels that floated to the top of the milk, they were tiny and you couldnt see them on the bix themselves, possibly inside. worst part was i discovered this yesterday when i had dialled my morning enough to sleep till 5, so i was a little more alert, but yeah... had been eating them all week.
aha i had a similar experience. I had a bowl of cerial and i mentioned the strange things floating around in the milk, his mum convinced me it was nothing then i after a few spoon fulls i noticed they were moving.

Bonnet

Likes Dirt
wow, first post here in AGES, and its about bugs...interesting.

1 - Pretty fly for a white fly... two flys getting jiggy on my washing line.
2/3 - a different fly, on my ping pong table. he's actually 'stunned', i wacked him with my thong.
4/5 - dead and dried up lizard.
6 - spider attacking a cicada (sp) caught in his web, on my back porch.
let us know what you think.

cheers - ASH

Attachments