How to Building a bike (Hope HB.160)

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
a: ride it hard in the rain. then get the hope mechanic to build me a second one - and put a frikken KS LEV dropper on it instead of that reverb POS. Also, hope mechanic would fit DVO fork and shock for a more unified green theme.
Maybe also apply some anti seize/carbon grip paste/loctite at appropriate points. Maybe they edited those steps out but I'm a bit disturbed by the lack of it.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Maybe also apply some anti seize/carbon grip paste/loctite at appropriate points. Maybe they edited those steps out but I'm a bit disturbed by the lack of it.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Yeah, some of the initial parts fitted weren't getting any grease or anti-seize on them. definitely disturbing for a bling bike build, especially when it's a promotion video.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
I'd settle for that tool chest, and it's contents.......doubt it'd stay that organised for more than 28 seconds.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Exactly like my rebuild of the old bmx yesterday. Except I tipped the bits boxes on the floor and rumaged through them to get parts. And I had to retap every hole. And the only decent cable lever was from one that had a shifter integrated into the body so some cutting, filing and sanding. So yep, exacterly the same.

slowmick

38-39"
I spent more time in the garage searching for the cassette spacer for my new hope wheels than I spent setting up the tyres tubeless and changing over the rotors (including trips to the servo). I followed it up with an equally long search for the preload cap from an xt crank set. Don't get excited and unbox your new toys only to store them in piles in the shed that you shift multiple times over a 12 month period....