ACT Building a commuter

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Need a cheap commuter and looking at building up a frame a mate gave me that can commute and have some fire trail fun. It's a 2007 Trek 8000 so she is an oldie and I'm hoping there are some old parts kicking around in people's parts bins that can go to a good home.

Item: 26inch wheel set, disc brake, qr 132mm rear, front will depend on what fork I find.

Rigid fork disc brake preferably steel but happy to see what you have, also if you have a suspension fork for the right price I'll look at it.

Shimano 24mm cranks, not fussed with the vintage it's going to be single speed.

Head set, 33mm internal diameter head tube.

Single speed sprocket and spacers.

Will probably think of more, will add when I do. If you think of something I might need send me a message, especially if you have it.

Location: Preferably Canberra but will pay shipping for the right stuff.
Item Condition:Working or close to
Reason for buying: The Honzo doesn't want to go to work any more.
Price and price conditions:The cheaper the better.
Extra Info:The frame is blue.
Pictures:

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I've got a RS something or other that I bought from @Plankosaurus (yeah, yeah, I know). Coil, u-turn (85-115mm I think), straight steerer, 20mm axle. Planko was going to buy it back but I'm sure he doesn't need it!
Pretty sure you don't need that hope hub either
Edit - actually, I have a rigid 26" fork here that I'm certain labby doesn't need. Also have some ss sprockets, how many teeths do you need?

It's a psylo by the way. Much better fork than it should be.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
And I have wheels. You don't want them, but I have some.

...I'll fight you labby

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Edit - actually, I have a rigid 26" fork here that I'm certain labby doesn't need. Also have some ss sprockets, how many teeths do you need?

I was going to offer those rigids but wondered if a sus fork would be nicer.

No need to fight, I'm a midget, you'll win!

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Those rigid forks already have reflective stickers for commuting duties. Lucky Planko gets his forks back!

Litenbror

Eats Squid

Fork sounds good don't suppose you have a headset to go with it?

Ss sprocket really depends on the front ring I end up with but 20 tooth ish should be fine.

If the wheels your thinking are the ones in the free stuff add, they caught my attention and the front would work but the rear is beyond even my level of dodgy riding.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Fork sounds good don't suppose you have a headset to go with it?

Ss sprocket really depends on the front ring I end up with but 20 tooth ish should be fine.

If the wheels your thinking are the ones in the free stuff add, they caught my attention and the front would work but the rear is beyond even my level of dodgy riding.
The wheels still roll, what more do you need? So picky!!

I don't think I have a spare headset, at least not one that's not attached to a frame. What sort do you need? The cycling deal ones aren't bad value if you just need a cheapie.

I'll poke around the box of goodies. Almost certain I have some 16/18t cogs, might have a 20 spare.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
The wheels still roll, what more do you need? So picky!!

I don't think I have a spare headset, at least not one that's not attached to a frame. What sort do you need? The cycling deal ones aren't bad value if you just need a cheapie.

I'll poke around the box of goodies. Almost certain I have some 16/18t cogs, might have a 20 spare.

Thanks mate don't spend to much time or effort on it. Will check out the headsets or could probably find something on eBay.

Send me a pm or text with what you find and how much and I'll sort you out.