Building a road gap!

hey guys i want to get into big road gaps, good quilty photo stuff. just curious if anyone has some pictures as to how to build them, i want big huck style ones over fast DJ styles. anyone have some good pointers

and1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If you have fireroads near you try building one from one side of the fire road to the top. If it snakes down the valley you should be able to make a pretty decent drop and gap. I remember I-AM-TEH-FASTEST-11 and bb7rider building one in the valley near me that was monstrous. Nicely angled wooden kicker from 3 metres or so above the fireroad and then landing on the other side with a nice runout down the side of the hill.

sockman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ill try get a few photos of our work in progres, about 6 meters long and 3 meters down. it needs a bit of a lip though, no way anyone will make it now...

ok awsome, i'm still scouting around my local area for something with potential, at the moment the biggest i can find is 5ft by eight feet, haha not that big but good practice.

PyletSnviper

Likes Dirt
dude head out to old bathurst in blaxland....theres a well made road gap there.....and 2 new drops that u gotta have balls to hit.... tinakbell from pylet broke his wrist off it

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
PyletSnviper said:
dude head out to old bathurst in blaxland....theres a well made road gap there.....and 2 new drops that u gotta have balls to hit.... tinakbell from pylet broke his wrist off it
The one at OBR is terrible, the fact that it wobbles and shakes when lightweight guys hit it means that its not well made. When its propped up by old wood thats weathered badly it is NOT well made.

fleshbone

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeh,ive herd that there is a 30ft road gap out there,a few of my mates have done it a fare few times.and they said the people that build there live down the bottom of the hill or something like that.

b. giantdh:that one down near side winder,maybe just build a launch off it and fix up the landing.that would be a start.

danielh

Likes Dirt
me and a few mates have built a couple of road gaps out in warrandyte, the first one we made came of a real windy dh track and wasn't that big but now theres one one we wanna make thats massive, about 40 foot long. dont know if i'll make it though coz i know i'll never do it!!

Oliver.

Liquid Productions
Bit off topic, anyone know where the big sucker gap is, that was in the first Drift movie? That looked mint.

@nDr3w

Likes Dirt
I too am facing road gap problems. we have a 23 foot long one near my house over a fire road, yet it is only about 5 foot high, and we are having alot of trouble getting the speed. it does not matter too much, as we have built it so if you case you will not get hurt, but any tips would be much appreciated.
would the best thing to do be to make the run in* perfectly mint? as there are a few bumps in it that may be slowing us down.

Last edited:

bmgal666

Likes Dirt
@nDr3w said:
I too am facing road gap problems. we have a 23 foot long one near my house over a fire road, yet it is only about 5 foot high, and we are having alot of trouble getting the speed. it does not matter too much, as we have built it so if you case you will not get hurt, but any tips would be much appreciated.
would the best thing to do be to make the run out perfectly mint? as there are a few bumps in it that may be slowing us down.

Do You Mean Run In??? The Smoother The Better And Like Beginner Said One Huge Ass Roll In.

BG

Last edited:

DH_slave

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hey mate,
where i ride there is a road gap, it is 42ft and you get about 3-4m in the air but is very nice, ill try getting you some pics next time i ride there,
cheers

just make it as big as you think you would want it and then add 5 vertical foot and 10 foot in distance
will make for a prety good jump and will get ur adrenalin going

blomtrog

Likes Dirt
if you can get yourself to lapstone
there is a sweet roadgap on our track
about... 8 metres gap
basically no drop, not hard
hopefully cya round...btw, its opposite lapstone public school

roasted

Likes Bikes and Dirt
heres a pic of isaacs road gap, which I consider to be one of the best in Australia. note the mellow kick + long distance.