NSW Bulli area trail modifications- please don't!

Wiffle

Likes Dirt
Would-be trail fairies- Please do not modify (read: dumb down) trails in the Bulli area, or anywhere else for that matter.

Most trails in this area have been around for 10-20 years, and are regularly ridden (often in both directions). Difficult sections (almost) always have a B-line already, so please don't remove or modify trail features which you find too intimidating.

The rocky and technically demanding nature of these trails is a large part of their appeal, and just because you can't ride a drop, jump, or step doesn't mean others can't. Modifications, especially the addition of totally unnecessary woodwork, are very highly frowned upon, and will be removed so as to maintain the original character of the trail.

Raking/trail surface repair and drainage work to resolve water damage is always appreciated, however changes to the trail (in either direction) are not.

Rant over. :biggrin1:

PS if you're looking for the "ladder" you placed on a perfectly rideable drop yesterday, it's safely stashed in the bushes; please take it home with you next time you are in the vicinity.

bikesarefun

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Fair points you make.

Ironic that your avatar depicts what could be regarded as unnecessary woodwork ;-) Is that a teeter-totter?

Wiffle

Likes Dirt
Fair points you make.

Ironic that your avatar depicts what could be regarded as unnecessary woodwork ;-) Is that a teeter-totter?
Good pickup! The irony is noted, however somewhat out of context; that trail is several hundred kilometres away in a relatively new riding area (Kiwarrak, near Taree) which features some significant woodwork, and the see-saw (teeter-totter) is in a "skills" area.

Now back to playing in the dirt! ;-)

BLAKE-2234

Likes Bikes and Dirt
love the steep bulli tracks!! takes two or three runs doing some sick skids to get the awesome grippy dirt happening

also almost died several times lol best tracks leave them how they are

.dan.

Likes Dirt
I thought these tracks were overgrown as. At least they were last time I rode them. They were my favourite trails in the region when we used to ride them.