BULLSHIT! frame snapped

Matt L

Likes Bikes
AGGHHHHHHHHHHHH SON OF A FUCKING WHORE BITCH
I just snapped the 2 bars that lead to the crank on my gt i drive 2.0..... :x
fucking bullshit.........they wont do anything about it either....the store....so i need to get a new frame....*sigh* any suggestions on frames? ...i dont really have a wide range of money to spend on a frame.....like $200 max......

roasted

Likes Bikes and Dirt
serves you right for spending $200 on a new bike.

the i-drive frames arent exactly the toughest of things.

try to get a hardtail, several are going ccheap in for sale right now

Rik

logged out
Hah... you get what you pay for eh.
Get a hardtail, you'll be looking to buy 2nd hand at that price.

But you haven't told us what riding you do, so how can we reccomend you anything?

Ev

Likes Bikes and Dirt
there is a Giant ACid frame for sale for $200 (i think). i ride one and they are awesome

Matt L

Likes Bikes
i was looking on ebay they have...azonic steelhead frame for like $160 i think...but its 15 inch and too small for me...and the crank looks so thin like i could break it with my hand but arent they r of the toughest frames? :shock: ...anyway i cant even use ebay....no credit card

Matt L

Likes Bikes
ehhhh my old frame was a full suspension gt i drive 2.0 :?
im about 5 ft 10 175 lbs...mostly freeride..i was thinking about getting an azonic freeride frame? steelhead was on ebay for 170.....or my friend said if i get $200 i can buy 1 at a bike shop because he gets a discount....or if my moms bf stops fucking around and does what he says i can get a santa cruz or a marin :D i doubt it....any suggestions on what frame i should use thats under $200? i live in the usa...in vermont....so o_O not many shops around here

The avanti hotdog is a nice frame but the Azonic is IMO a better buy. if theres not many bike shops near u then ebay is a good option but i dont kno wot theyre like with warranty type things. Besides $170 is a quite nice price. BTW is that USD or AUD?

and1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
how the fuck are you a freerider on a $200 bike? Just dropping off a gutter is gonna cause your bike a shitload of damage.

Ev

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ok, On the budget that you are on, you cannot expect to get a whole lot.
As always you get wat you pay for, particularly when it comes to frames.
On such a small budget i would definately be looking at a hardtail as any dually you buy will have something major wrong with it (on that budget anyway).
There are usually a couple of good buys on Ebay, but you never know what you are really getting till it turns up.
The for sale section on here is very good too, as i mentioned earlier in this thread, there is a Giant ACid for sale for $200aud, IMO that is a very good buy, i ride one and they are awesome. But if you said a 15" frame is too small, then the 14" is gonna be even worse (although i 6ft tall and ride a 14" frame).
Just have a look around and assess your options. Hope this helps.

Matt L

Likes Bikes
uhhhh does anyone take into consideration that i want a FRAME ONLY ??? lol u guys act like im trying to buy a full bike...just a frame at a 2nd hand shop.

Matt L

Likes Bikes
and uhhhh and1 it wasnt a $200 bike ...it was upgraded from an i drive worth 2g's probably worth over 2400....just a faulty frame...components on it are fine for freeride..... oh yeah how can u ride a 14 inch frame? my shoes rub against my tires when i sit down and turn on my old 14.5 inch ironhorse....and it was in us dolars....buy it now on ebay for like 169.99 :shock: