Bureaucratic bungholes.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Probably playing candy crush, tetris, or snake...maybe even online gambling for those real high rollers.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Probably playing candy crush, tetris, or snake...maybe even online gambling for those real high rollers.
Clearly, RB requires lots of careful thought before pressing 'reply'.

Anyhow, I'll bet 90% are somehow looking at pr0n.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

jrewing

Eats Squid
When I moved back to Australia from the UK, I self-shipped my stuff back by sea. Bills of lading etc. I handled all of this paperwork well enough, and my stuff turned up at the Sydney docks when expected. I turned up to get my stuff early in the morning to claim my pallet, and so began a comedy of stuffing around. First they couldn't find it, then they did find it, then they decided they wanted to do an inspection. Each step required a 2 hour interval on a day I had expected to be at work. They decided a fine dusting of dirt on my MBT tyres (which had been washed and scrubbed of loose dirt and mud) merited disinfecting the entire bike at my cost. Wouldn't let me just throw them away either, because rules. No real place to wait while these losers messed around either, so I basically had to hang around the dock area. When they did release my stuff, I had to personally chase up a forklift driver to move my stuff from the customs area to the pick up area, and pay for that as well. It was the perfect combination of disrespectful, disorganised and dumb.

I left at about 3pm absolutely furious, having been dicked around by a decent cross-section of worthless douchebags who will be first up against the walll when the revolution comes. I hope they all get replaced by robots ASAP.
Bring on the revolution and purging Asap

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
When I moved back to Australia from the UK, I self-shipped my stuff back by sea. Bills of lading etc. I handled all of this paperwork well enough, and my stuff turned up at the Sydney docks when expected. I turned up to get my stuff early in the morning to claim my pallet, and so began a comedy of stuffing around. First they couldn't find it, then they did find it, then they decided they wanted to do an inspection. Each step required a 2 hour interval on a day I had expected to be at work. They decided a fine dusting of dirt on my MBT tyres (which had been washed and scrubbed of loose dirt and mud) merited disinfecting the entire bike at my cost. Wouldn't let me just throw them away either, because rules. No real place to wait while these losers messed around either, so I basically had to hang around the dock area. When they did release my stuff, I had to personally chase up a forklift driver to move my stuff from the customs area to the pick up area, and pay for that as well. It was the perfect combination of disrespectful, disorganised and dumb.

I left at about 3pm absolutely furious, having been dicked around by a decent cross-section of worthless douchebags who will be first up against the walll when the revolution comes. I hope they all get replaced by robots ASAP.

Yeah ... I understand.

A few years ago I imported a Honda SS50 motorcycle from Vietnam. Awesome bike. Anyway it cost more to move it from the boat to my trailer, maybe an hours toil all up, than it cost to buy and renovate from scratch. Those dockside pieces of crap should eat shjt and die.

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
Missus wants a deck on the front of the house. Figure it should be pretty straightforward provided we're within the minimum setback and not over any easements. Hit up Dial Before you Dig and all is cool there. Consider that I'd better hit up council as it's kinda visible out the front of the house. Council says planning permission required because we want to put a roof over it. OK, speak to my bro who's a budding architect and he knocks up some drawings. Send these to council and get knocked back because they need to know which surfaces we are covering are impervious as we are in an inundation zone, and they are not to scale. Deck is going over an existing garden bed so no impervious surfaces present, and when I double check drawings they are only out on a couple of measurements by 200mm. Get this pedantry resolved and pay my coin for planning ($650). Get a letter back two weeks later saying planning permission not required but a building permit is. Question council as to how to get a building permit. Told need to go to a building surveyor, and require engineering inspections and storm water management. Starting to question my sanity now as this is a 15 square meter deck with a single pitch roof into an existing storm water connection, how farkin hard can it be? Go and talk to building surveyor who laughs and says because my deck is below a minimum size requirement, is covering a doorway and has the existing stormwater there it's classified as a porch and is allowable without any planning or building permit requirements. So six weeks later I now have to joy of trying to extract my $650 back from the council without exploding with fury at their utter uselessness.

Pity any poor bastard who wants to do something significant to their house....

scblack

Leucocholic
I put a pergola out the back of my house about 10years ago. Under a certain size limit no permit is required, so I just proceeded with zero issues. Council idiot who told you needed a permit needs a kick up the arse.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
We might have the same council @rangersac

We are doing a reno atm, nothing groundbreaking, on a long, narrow block with a laneway at the rear. We have a carport off the laneway, so thought it would be a good idea to build a proper garage with a studio above, as many others have done near us.

Our neighbour has a big paperbark tree right against the fence next to our carport which hangs over our fence, drops leaves all year round & has a root system which has cracked the carport slab & broken the old ceramic sewer pipe which runs under the slab. We get on with them & understand they really like this tree so organised an arborist report ($) early on to keep the neighbours sweet. We replaced the broken sewer ($) which required pulling the carport down to get a big enough excavator in.

We did a lot of extra engineering wrangling ($) to work out how to build around this tree & engaged a planning consultant ($) to ensure the process ran smoothly. Our planning permit was approved & issued with a couple of conditions, one of which was that we must retain the carport slab, presumably to protect the tree's roots, though noone in the process had ever heard of anything like this before. Of course the garage cannot be built without new foundations, so more info was provided to council ($) about the floating foundations on piers which would mean the root system is not impacted, & a tree impact assesment ($) was prepared & submitted. The contact at council then suggested the condition around retaining the slab could be removed with a 'rubber stamp' arrangement with a tree management plan ($) in place, which we organised. This was all leading up to Dec 2016 & when council opened in 2017 she had moved to a different role.

The new council person wasn't having any of it & asked for more assesments/ plans ($) & stated that removing the condition needed to go through as an official ammendment ($). Council proceeded to drag their heels all year, looking for more info/ losing paperwork/ reffering documents to another officer who was on leave, etc. In Nov 2017 we said fuck it, it wasn't meant to be, & pulled the garage from the plans just after construction of the main house started. Council were notified we were not proceeding with the garage.

Just before christmas council got in touch to ask what was going to be at the rear of the property, in place of the garage which they had approved (which couldn't be built because of their clause). We explained that nothing was happening, that the old carport would be reinstated, as per the original application & site condition report. The old carport is still in pieces in the back yard for the most part.

Council informed us that putting our old carport back would require another ammendment ($).

How do you spell cnuts?

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
I have been sitting and watching this one, just waiting for someone to complain about council planning departments. I deal with these dicks week in, week out and it is nothing but a giant head fuck. Pick a council, any council, they're all the same.