Burger King stopped selling Whoppers....

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
Fat Americans. They're more patriotic about 'The Whopper' than we are about Ned Kelly.

Don't they realise it's not actually doing them any favours...?

slip

Beefcake...BEEFCAKE!!!
You believe those reactions are real? Those people are clearly playing along.

+1 to NCR600 also.

Kirky

Likes Dirt
Yep, clearly actors, and bad ones at that.

As if they would sit there, holding up the line arguing into the box, continuously looking at the camera, with good as vid and sound quality, with no security guards arresting them for bad language and yelling to the box.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Viral marketing campaigns suck. Please stop reacting to them.
Viral marketing it may be, but it's a pretty honest attempt. It's not like they're hiding anything from you here. I think it's actually marketing genius. Well thought out, well executed and the final product is clean as. The only one I would say is a set up for sure is the guy that says the Brittany Spears gag. As if Burger K. would get some one to offer a "fat ho sucking yo dick" to make it look real. Nah, I'd say a large part of it is real people and real reactions, especially the in shop reactions.

Props to those who thought it up. there's no under-handed subliminal marketing, love marks, aspirational bullshit. It's a straight up display of how popular a product is.

pinned--->

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Could so go for some hungry jacks right now. Daayyyammm.

That’s pretty funny though. They would have lost a decent amount of money, respect, and loyal customers from that. That's common sense. so i say its fake.

No franchise would do that to prove a point, its all about the money, and they would have lost more then a few grand.

We had some pretty bloody funny things happen at my old burger shop when we discontinued making the cards which revived a stamp every meal. One lady actually threw the card at the register girl when she was told. The fast food industry is by far the worst place I could think of working. I hated it!

slip

Beefcake...BEEFCAKE!!!
The only one I would say is a set up for sure is the guy that says the Brittany Spears gag. As if Burger K. would get some one to offer a "fat ho sucking yo dick" to make it look real. Nah, I'd say a large part of it is real people and real reactions, especially the in shop reactions.

It's a straight up display of how popular a product is.
I'd disagree on both those. The first vid, all 3 (to me) pretty clearly know what's going on. Even the guy with the hat, who I thought was real 1st time I watched it keeps looking up at the camera (eyes only, no head movement) and keeps trying to think up new things to say. Paid? Maybe - a lot of people would jump at the chance to be on youtube for all to see, and do whatever they could (not in an extreme sense) to make it happen even without payment.

As if the stoner is going to start offering weed and fat chicks for a whopper. When you are high, at a burger joint, there are options. Many options. And you'd be much more concerned with getting some sweet sweet food than whinging about it and calling someone. The only time you call someone in that situation is when you need help making a big decision. The bald guy, well, he could have done a better job.

It's a straight up display of how popular they want it to look.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Yeah, I bet you don't believe in Santa Claus either. :rolleyes:

I reckon there's enough freaks in the US to source a vid like this. Anyway, I enjoyed it!

'Ross

Eats Squid
The first one was so incredibly lame and fake that I didn't bother to watch the second one:p Good concept, but a bit too lame I thought.

slip

Beefcake...BEEFCAKE!!!
Yeah, I bet you don't believe in Santa Claus either. :rolleyes:

I reckon there's enough freaks in the US to source a vid like this. Anyway, I enjoyed it!
Ha, I used to fake believe in Santa when I was 5. I thought not believing = the presents stopped coming.

They got Burger King/Pizza Hut etc over where you are Johnny? And do they have the same monster presence as here/US?