Buying a used car

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
10 years of servicing and parts still...
Maybe should get an Astra!
Just had a look at the Holden website and their current range - the Astra is the only vehicle I'd ever consider out of that paltry lot. Rest look like GMC / Chevrolet cast offs and anemic new Commodore variants.
Were the Captiva and Trax actually designed for the Australian market? It explains a lot about current situation if so.
To my knowledge the Craptiva and Trax are product vomited out of the GM Korea (formely Daewoo) factory for any market that will take them. Even if they weren't shitty SUVs I wouldn't touch them with a Nissan Tiida.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
The Opel Insignia is decent, just an old design now. If I needed a big wagon, a Calais AWD V6 wagon would be tempting, especially at the price you can get them for.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
If Opel Insignia is the current Commodore, then it wasn't too bad to drive down to Vic on the Hume and back for a meeting.

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
This was an interesting article .... December 2019

General Motors’ sale of Opel to France’s Peugeot-Citroen group in 2017 has compounded the problems for the Commodore amid the sharp downturn in sales.

General Motors must now buy the Buick and the Commodore from a brand it once owned, making it difficult to negotiate a more favourable factory-gate price.

A statement from General Motors to US media overnight said the Buick Regal went on sale “right around the time that General Motors sold Opel, the German automaker that developed and builds the [Buick Regal and Holden Commodore] to France’s [Peugeot-Citroen] Group. General Motors has since had to pay Opel to build the car. Opel sells its own version … badged an Insignia, which Opel has just updated”
https://www.caradvice.com.au/812053/holden-commodore-future-in-doubt/