Buying a used car

EZZA 84

Likes Bikes
Wife had this Polo 9N GTI before we had kids, 1.8 petrol Turbo, 5 speed manual, tartan seats. We loved this car, was so much fun to drive!!

link1896

Mr Greenfield
What, Ford fuck up and not listen to the gearbox suppliers engineering instructions and do their own thing?

Even BMW are guilty of this. Running the transmission cooler thermostat 10c too hot, and insisting ZF boxes are sealed for life, or 100k km, whichever comes first.

ZF Friedrichshafen AG still have Ford blocked more thoroughly then the poor lady from work who’s just left an evil narcissist ex husband.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I reckon it was a done deal when they decided to shut the manufacturing plant. They sold Opel off to haakers mates and that had to be in train before the insignia was badged the new commode. HSV had a proto insignia with twin turbo's and something over 300kW but were told they would not get the new model. A last gasp to see if the GM suvs were saleable and when they weren't it was all over. This is an opportunity to trim the dealerships to those they really want to support with their premium products like Silverado, Corvette and maybe Caddilac and leave it at that. May include colorado and the suv version but otherwise all over. Have to say the minister for that shit was pretty pathetic in her press release. Calling GM Holden the whole time. Anyway new chapter starting soon.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I jest. If I had a big shed I'd have a few Holden's from the 70's but nothing more recent.
One of my mates was SLR 5000 curious to the point of looking up what they're worth now. Fixed that pretty quickly.

This probably belongs in the guilty pleasures thread but I've always wanted a Maloo - except for the plastic fantastic VE ones that look shit.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Good time to buy a Holden, as long as resale is of no concern. Given purchase price, it may not be....

nathanm

Eats Squid
Good time to buy a Holden, as long as resale is of no concern. Given purchase price, it may not be....
I'm very interested to see how much of a fire sale they have and who would be stupid enough to buy one. We all have that 1 mate who will and won't shut up about what a bargain it was.