Buying bike parts from overseas, shipping time estimates and methods ?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
My bike would be wearing Contis if they were in stock at the time!
Stock is still shit, very hard to get in the DH casings, was going to run a Kryptotal on the rear but nobody has them in Soft DH, the Supersoft is too soft for a rear.

teK--

Eats Squid
FMD ! Overnight from Melb to my door :oops:

Making it 1 week from order, to delivered to my door... though no one was here, I'll grab it after 4pm.

My fastest ever up until now was 11-12 days.

View attachment 407408
That's fast af.

I was also wowed recently by a package from Taiwan to Melb which took only 5 days via regular mail. I cannot even get something from QLD that quick, via Auspost non-express.

PJO

in me vL comy
Just putting an order together, a couple of price changes on German sites. Sad to see my regular BC go up but happy as I have been ordering quite a bit of stuff from R2 in the past year.

R2 has stock of what I want and the 20 euro difference in shipping has swung the order to them. Getting greedy BC :mad:

Update on postage prices.

BikeComponents - €49.99 - Up 10 euro.
Bike24 - €39.99 - UP 20 euros from €19.99 mid 2023, which was my last order.
HiBike - €22.90 - Same but have asked for extra from some buyers here in recent years. Stock isn't great
R2 Bike - €29.50 - Down from 40 euros flat for under 600 euro order.
Bike-Discount - €41 UP but its been a while, last paid equivalent of €20 as they price in $au.
Also Starbike.com have a sliding scale:

1709187317356.png

madstace

Likes Dirt
So yeah, I won't be ordering from Bikeinn/Tradeinn again....

1714091650299.png

Nothing particularly important, just some hard to source grips. Ordered on 27th of March, order seemed to just sit there until the 9th, then finally got a bit excited on the 17th but was jumping the gun. It may have been one of the biggest delays I've seen in customs, but also noting there's the different terms "destination country" and "country of destination". Thankfully a low time and dollar cost experiment for me.

teK--

Eats Squid
So yeah, I won't be ordering from Bikeinn/Tradeinn again....

View attachment 408929

Nothing particularly important, just some hard to source grips. Ordered on 27th of March, order seemed to just sit there until the 9th, then finally got a bit excited on the 17th but was jumping the gun. It may have been one of the biggest delays I've seen in customs, but also noting there's the different terms "destination country" and "country of destination". Thankfully a low time and dollar cost experiment for me.
I've bought a couple of times and found their base shipping cost quite reasonable since it's coming from the other side of the globe. They seem to ship from various locations all over the world though. First it was USA and another time from Europe. Both times arrived in about 3 weeks.

The only annoying thing was how they calculate shipping cost. E.g. If I added 1x hub seal to the order it was fine, but add a second one (probably another 20grams) and the shipping went up by $15 or something.

Don't worry your item will arrive in good time.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Hmmm....I have a bunch of snow gear sitting in a basket ready to pull the trigger, might have a rethink.
I had to can my snowinn order a couple of months back because it wasn't going to make it in time for departure.

Problem was that items showing as in stock turned out to be at distributors who then took so long I never got to test the shipping speed.

If you'd not going for another couple of months you're probably fine.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
I had to can my snowinn order a couple of months back because it wasn't going to make it in time for departure.

Problem was that items showing as in stock turned out to be at distributors who then took so long I never got to test the shipping speed.

If you'd not going for another couple of months you're probably fine.
Should be right unless something goes drastically wrong, booked for January.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Ah you'll be fine. I ordered in Jan for an end of Feb departure.

To be fair they cancelled without complaint and refund was very quick.