Buying bike parts from overseas, shipping time estimates and methods ?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Just checked the tracking on a Bike24 order placed on the 26th March, arrived Melbourne yesterday, that's the quickest from Frankfurt in a while.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just checked the tracking on a Bike24 order placed on the 26th March, arrived Melbourne yesterday, that's the quickest from Frankfurt in a while.
I placed an order with Chainreationcycles on the 26th of March for a dropper post. Been sitting in Melbourne since April April 1st. Can't complete the build till it arrives...every other seat post in the garage, dropper or rigid is the wrong diameter. Might just glue a seat on and use it as a dirt jumper.

ozzybmx

I placed an order with Chainreationcycles on the 26th of March for a dropper post. Been sitting in Melbourne since April April 1st.
This cleared quick smart and is on the truck for delivery today, fastest German order since corona kicked off. Lots of nice goodies in there including my genuine DT Swiss 54t Star ratchet... bloody burners had me second guessing my Chi 60t reliability.

Might carry it as a spare and see how long the Chi lasts for.

ozzybmx

Where's that from @ozzybmx? You (/anyone) done any BikeComponents orders lately?
Bike24, placed 26th March, 15 days later its in Melbourne, 3 days to process and get it on board for delivery in rAdelaide. 18 days total :)

My last BC was on the 6th Jan, wasn't fast but its a bit of a lottery with any of them I reckon, they all come the same way.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Good to hear - I just saw my own Bike24 order was shipped yesterday, so fingers crossed.

In other news, two Aliexpress orders (tubeless valves and some DU bushings) got to me in just over 2 weeks! Happy days. I think I paid a couple of bucks more for the china post instead of the 'free' delivery option (which has a 30-50 day estimate).
Tubeless valves I received look the goods for about $5.50 a set delivered. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001200285133.html

ozzybmx

I just saw my own Bike24 order was shipped yesterday, so fingers crossed.
Shipped by Bike24 ? Or arrived in Aus ?

The tracking slogan we have all been experiencing with varied results since corona started is...

Described by a burner as loaded onto a plane, sitting on the Frankfurt runway revving its engine, awaiting more packages.

IIRC someone had one move in 7 days, only to be shit on with a ~2 week processing by AusPost. One of mine spent 30 days on the tarmac :(

All packages from the German 6 come in this way, Bike24, HiBike, BikeComponents, Bike-Discount, R2-Bike and StarBike.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Just shipped by Bike24 (only ordered last week).
My last shipment from Germany was the wheels that sat on the tarmac for weeks, and had the ominous warning of 'repackged because of carton damage...'. But thankfully, all was well and the wheels came in looking mint!

ozzybmx

Just shipped by Bike24 (only ordered last week).
My last shipment from Germany was the wheels that sat on the tarmac for weeks, and had the ominous warning of 'repackged because of carton damage...'. But thankfully, all was well and the wheels came in looking mint!
Ahh... how could we forget that famous package :p